CrzystghndKC

Triumph guy happy he didn't work for Harley.
Ride
Triumph: 2005 & 2011 R3 Roadster
Seems to be some Canadians trying to spread BS about a recall on Cobra Chromes and even texting people that their tires are part of the recall. Seems they say they are from Fort Nine a Canadian motorcycle parts supplier. And are sending out a very official recall notice. Stay tuned.

[Note: additional information below about an actual recall in Australia]

Last edited by a moderator:
NEWS FLASH

Ok - it is official.

I was contacted today here in Brisbane by the dealer who did the install on the very first set of chromes that landed here in Oz back in February.

They said that due to some concerns in tyre construction under extreme conditions Avon have recalled the rear tyres and they have a new one waiting there for me which they will fit for free. As a footnote I have covered almost 16,000 km on the chromes since February with no issues, grip and traction is still great I don't have any complaints but I will welcome a new rear tyre as it is now at least 60% worn.

My brother who also had fitted chromes to his rocket some 3 months after my set by the same dealer also got the call.

So it is real there is a recall on rear chromes but I don't know which batch it relates to, after I talk to the dealer when the new tyre is fitted I will see if they can tell me what the real reason is behind the recall.

Last edited:
I ordered a set of Cobra Chromes back in October from Bike Bandit and mounted them myself. I emailed Bike Bandit about how I find out if I am affected and what they do in this situation. While I am waiting for a response, anyone on here order from Bike Bandit, Tire Rack, or similar on-line source and have to go through the recall process? What was your experience?

I ordered a set of Cobra Chromes back in October from Bike Bandit and mounted them myself. I emailed Bike Bandit about how I find out if I am affected and what they do in this situation. While I am waiting for a response, anyone on here order from Bike Bandit, Tire Rack, or similar on-line source and have to go through the recall process? What was your experience?
I have a bike bandit set also. It appears it's just the rear.

This is the recall info.

Screenshot_20191119-175437.png

Last edited by a moderator:
The Honda dealer installed the tire on the rim but tires were bought off website. The Honda dealer is saying code on their computer of installed tire is not a match. I plan to check code on tire and see for myself. Thanks for the info. I have over 10,000 miles on tires. New back tire for free am not going to complain.

Last edited:
@CrzystghndKC , thanks for the info. I have not heard back from Bike Bandit. However, I have a 2013 Touring with a 180/70-16 rear so I may not be affected.

Back