@CrzystghndKC , thanks for the info. I have not heard back from Bike Bandit. However, I have a 2013 Touring with a 180/70-16 rear so I may not be affected.

Same here, Touring, from Bikebandit, rear is installed, too, but not the front, I hope I'm not affected

On the ride to the Triumph dealer I'm going to burn at least 5K worth of miles off the tire tread. It's going to be one long burnout for 10 miles. It will look like a Forest fire there will be so much smoke. PG&E will shut down the grid thinking there is a fire from all of the smoke. Get your kids off the streets, I'm coming through!:evil::evil:

These things happen. The tires I just purchased are actually for my wife's HD (which is a 200-55-17)so fortunately this does not effect me. Of course, since I have an R3T, my stock rear size is a 180. @Jay please let us know how the return process goes. I'll be looking at them when it's time to replace my tires on Fiona.
-MIG

These things happen. The tires I just purchased are actually for my wife's HD (which is a 200-55-17)so fortunately this does not effect me. Of course, since I have an R3T, my stock rear size is a 180. @Jay please let us know how the return process goes. I'll be looking at them when it's time to replace my tires on Fiona.
-MIG
What is a Fiona:D I know some guys name their bikes although I have never understood why but Fiona:p:D:D:D:D:D

What is a Fiona:D I know some guys name their bikes although I have never understood why but Fiona:p:D:D:D:D:D

Yes, "Fiona" is my R3T (See below my location on the left). My wife chose that name while we were watching a TV series called "Shameless"; which has a leading character with that name. You can also think Shrek as she is a beast! :roll:

Both my wife and I (she's also into motor sports) attach names to those "girlfriends" we view as family (being an integral part of our lives) and don't plan on ever getting rid of. Together we have a total of 3 bikes, a truck and two cars which are named. (Many others have not been.) Though each may get bumps and bruises, we don't discard or replace them; rather, we accept and enjoy them as they are.
-MIG

Finally looked at the tire. Eyes are shot and it is cold outside. That and my knee is killing me. Figure after 10,000 miles plus i got my money's worth. Basically got tired of looking for the code. Guessing the next Avon Chrome will not have a recall on it. For what it is worth.

Recall tire fitted - am a happy camper.

The replacement seems to have a flatter profile and slightly less tread depth toward the edges compared to the original, IMO.
Seriously?? I have been on the phone and Email to BikeBandit, Cooper tires and Avon tyres for the last 4 days. BikeBandit keeps wanting to send me my money back. I finally got it in their heads that they send me the tire and they Have Avon pay 'them' for replacement and installation charges. I then send them the recalled tire back to them. At this point the tire is back ordered so it could be weeks and as long as a month before I see my tire. I'm certain I won't use BikeBandit again. They are very nice but extremely clueless. It's like they don't want to deal with it.

There are no problems any more with Avon Cobra Chrome tires i hope. I just orded a pair ,now reading this article.

Back