Avon tire rewards and recall

Hardware_Hank

.020 Over
Ride
2007 Triumph Rocket 3 Classic
Last summer I put on an Avon cobra chrome rear tire when they were running their rebate and got a $20 rebate. About a month later I got a matching front tire. I sent in both receipts and got another $60 rebate.

I put about 7000 miles on the rear when Avon came out with their recall. I talked to Dennis Kirk (the site I ordered it from), and they paid the return shipping, and issued me a full refund of the original purchase price. I then ordered a new cobra chrome because I love the way they handle! When I ordered the new one, they had them on sale for $40 off. Since I mount my own tires, I didn't pay any labor. So all said and done, I not only got a free tire, but also made $120 in rebates and sales!

I am on the other side of the fence. (Dumb Shopper) Bought front and back Avon Chromes. Rode about 8,000 miles and heard of the recall. Placed 10,000 on the tires before order of new back tire. Told Avon keep your money very satisfied with the way you all Handled your own recall on the tire. They sent me a rebate anyhow. Donated rebate To a well known cancer place for kids. :whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling:

I am on the other side of the fence. (Dumb Shopper) Bought front and back Avon Chromes. Rode about 8,000 miles and heard of the recall. Placed 10,000 on the tires before order of new back tire. Told Avon keep your money very satisfied with the way you all Handled your own recall on the tire. They sent me a rebate anyhow. Donated rebate To a well known cancer place for kids. :whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling:
That's great for you. I have been waiting for almost 3 months and they keep telling me 'It's a slow process'. They told me I would be the first to get a check because I was the first to file. I still haven't seen any money. Good for you but this sucks. I guess I will E-mail them again and ask them since they are cutting checks then where is mine. :banghead::banghead:

Are you sure that you really get new, flawless tires for the discount or do you get tires from the production batch affected by the recall, just to get rid of the old stock...
Regards, Georg

Are you sure that you really get new, flawless tires for the discount or do you get tires from the production batch affected by the recall, just to get rid of the old stock...
Regards, Georg
The tires are stamped with a manufacturing date. Avon posted affected tires by date code and quit selling them.

That's great for you. I have been waiting for almost 3 months and they keep telling me 'It's a slow process'. They told me I would be the first to get a check because I was the first to file. I still haven't seen any money. Good for you but this sucks. I guess I will E-mail them again and ask them since they are cutting checks then where is mine. :banghead::banghead:
I would for sure.

Last summer I put on an Avon cobra chrome rear tire when they were running their rebate and got a $20 rebate. About a month later I got a matching front tire. I sent in both receipts and got another $60 rebate.

I put about 7000 miles on the rear when Avon came out with their recall. I talked to Dennis Kirk (the site I ordered it from), and they paid the return shipping, and issued me a full refund of the original purchase price. I then ordered a new cobra chrome because I love the way they handle! When I ordered the new one, they had them on sale for $40 off. Since I mount my own tires, I didn't pay any labor. So all said and done, I not only got a free tire, but also made $120 in rebates and sales!
Just the opposite experience with Bike Bandit. They have lost me as a customer will never deal with them again.

Back