charging system fault

@Kevin frazier any issues with heat or lack of airflow given the relocation?

Also did the replacement actually fit in the original mounting position
Does not fit in original location mate,
I have done a similar mount to two of my Rockets, also found the purchase info from when I bought one of them. See image. I dealt with Andy at NCY - price in USD
F4CCE50A-5BC8-42EB-BBC1-92DE3B79E622.jpeg

@Kevin frazier any issues with heat or lack of airflow given the relocation?

Also did the replacement actually fit in the original mounting position
It doesn’t fit original location but a bracket or I’ve seen zip ties on here, heat not an issue, I bought because @DEcosse stated in a thread it’s more efficient to paraphrase and if I understood easier on stator and I never wanna have to change that again, I have 2 oem used r/r if you decide to go that route

Update: ended up buying 2 RR's locally (the first because i ****ed up the part # when ordering:eek:)

Have installed and ridden this morning but not had a chance to check voltages yet.

I did notice that the black connector only has 2 pins on the new RR where the oem had 3 (i have the Suzuki part as per @Mittzy invoice pic earlier in this thread). Does anyone know if this is going to be a problem?

Have been reading this thread. My bike stopped charging. It was showing 12.5 at idle and would not increase as RPM increased. I did the regulator tests described in the manual and thought it failed one, but I am electrically challenged. Ordered a new regulator and installed it tonight, but the result is the same. Do I have a bad stator?

... Do I have a bad stator?

VERY simple test for stator:
Leave Ignition OFF
Disconnect stator from R/R (Grey Plug)
Set Meter to read resistance (ohms)
Read between any ONE of the three terminals in connector going back to stator and engine ground (any engine ground point, nearest raw metal stud)
This should read infinite resistance - open
If you read short (zero or near zero ohms) then your stator is bad.

Back