GTO Bruin

.020 Over
I'm new to this forum, so I'm sorry to those who also saw my post in the Rat forum. Today I picked up my new-to-me Rocket III. It's a beautiful phantom black 2005 with ....wait for it.....106 miles!!!! This Rocket happened to be owned by John Walsh from Americas Most Wanted and was only used in promotional shots like the one below from their website (yes I know they mirror-flipped the image). I was able to get a copy of the original title and insurance card with Mr. Walsh's name listed.

The bike has been stored at a motorcycle shop/storage facility since new and the shop owners ran the bike periodically, and kept it on a battery tender. They helped Mr. Walsh's assistants list the bike and prepared it for sale with a service at my local dealer. They drained all the fluids and has given it a clean bill of health.

My first ride - one word - WOW! Power on tap - It almost feels sinful. I bought this bike on the premise that I wanted a bigger bike than my Bonnie to tour on. This will certainly fit that bill. Beyond touring, it's the perfect stablemate to my Bonnie, such different strengths.

Attachments

• 2013-02-12_10-50-43_249.jpg
    2013-02-12_10-50-43_249.jpg
    319.6 KB · Views: 202
  • bg-amw-home-1 Crop.jpg
    bg-amw-home-1 Crop.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 185
Congratulations on your bike. I picked up my new to me bike today as well. I think I frightened a lot of people today. When they looked in their mirrors, they saw me coming up fast behind them with a maniacal smile on my face while giggling like a school girl.

I bought a 2006.

Congratulations on your bike. I picked up my new to me bike today as well. I think I frightened a lot of people today. When they looked in their mirrors, they saw me coming up fast behind them with a maniacal smile on my face while giggling like a school girl.

I bought a 2006.

Congrats on yours. We have matching grins.:D

Hey ... you sure that friggin things not stolen ?? That Walsh guy spends a lot of time around some pretty shifty characters hey. I'd check those VIN numbers and look for any alterations ... Oh yeh, another Aussie Welcome ;)

Back