Welcome and congrats on a killer deal!!!
According to Annotated Code of Maryland you must now spend the difference between your purchase price and the current model year MSRP on modifications and accessories ;)

I'm new to this forum, so I'm sorry to those who also saw my post in the Rat forum. Today I picked up my new-to-me Rocket III. It's a beautiful phantom black 2005 with ....wait for it.....106 miles!!!! This Rocket happened to be owned by John Walsh from Americas Most Wanted and was only used in promotional shots like the one below from their website (yes I know they mirror-flipped the image). I was able to get a copy of the original title and insurance card with Mr. Walsh's name listed.

The bike has been stored at a motorcycle shop/storage facility since new and the shop owners ran the bike periodically, and kept it on a battery tender. They helped Mr. Walsh's assistants list the bike and prepared it for sale with a service at my local dealer. They drained all the fluids and has given it a clean bill of health.

My first ride - one word - WOW! Power on tap - It almost feels sinful. I bought this bike on the premise that I wanted a bigger bike than my Bonnie to tour on. This will certainly fit that bill. Beyond touring, it's the perfect stablemate to my Bonnie, such different strengths.

Check under the seat for an autograph. ;)

$8,500. They paid around $700 to the dealer for the service before listing it for sale. They also paid and took it to have the MD safety inspection.

I have to agree thats a good price. Especially when you look at that year on ebay they seem to think they are worth even more. With a lot more miles on them also. I fhure a 05 and 06 are only worth about 7k to 8k.
8k if they have a lot of goodies on it. I am sure I will never get the money I have in my 06 out of it. especially when your looking at the money for the Blower kit and the CArpenter kit. If I ever decide to put it down the road I will hunt down another balck engine so I can give them a choice pay a lot for the hp or a fair price with a stock motor in it. personally I believe I will never get rid of it period. Now the 05 Gracie will never go except as I got her which was a gift from a friend when he died. I figure it will be a gift to someone when I die also, hopefully not for a bunch of years though:D

ah hell no he's not joking I think that is a world wide LAW:D:p

Well I do need some touring kit - screen, pillion and bags. That'll get me started. No engine or exhaust mods yet.

The one mod that may happen soon is to the toe-heel shifter. The bike came with floorboards, and I thought about swapping for mid controls. Then as I was riding, I found I could hang my feet off the back pretty close to a mid peg position. But the heel shifter gets in the way on the left. I may just do a little surgery.

Back