Bruin:
Welcome to the forum from TX. That is a nice bike. Photos of your '64 Goat would be appreciated.

He're my Goat. Black and chrome. It's like my American muscle car has a British cousin. :bch:

Attachments

• Picture 160.jpg
    Picture 160.jpg
    416.2 KB · Views: 64
  • Picture 164.jpg
    Picture 164.jpg
    366 KB · Views: 59
Well I do need some touring kit - screen, pillion and bags. That'll get me started. No engine or exhaust mods yet.

The one mod that may happen soon is to the toe-heel shifter. The bike came with floorboards, and I thought about swapping for mid controls. Then as I was riding, I found I could hang my feet off the back pretty close to a mid peg position. But the heel shifter gets in the way on the left. I may just do a little surgery.

Welcome aboard.

I replaced the toe/heel shifter with a mod first done by Native One.

I replaced the crappy linkage system with a shifter off of a 04 Speed Triple I purchased off of fleecebay. I then cut off the toe shifter and replaced it with a Longhorn shifter from Kuryakyn by drilling out a larger hole and placing a longer bolt through the shifter and have found that finding all gears, including neutral, (even though I only use neutral to start the bike), is much easier and shifting is a breeze!

Native One

It's very easy to do and works great.

. I figure it will be a gift to someone when I die also, hopefully not for a bunch of years though:D

That's a really nice sentiment, my good and true friend. :D

Welcome, GTO, nice find, the 67 is my favorite car, I used to have a ragtop, many years ago.

I may just do a little surgery.

Don't cut off your heels! I knew a girl that did, she was always on her back...

Welcome, GTO, nice find, the 67 is my favorite car, I used to have a ragtop, many years ago.

Don't cut off your heels! I knew a girl that did, she was always on her back...

Ah, but I'd finally be able to fit in those shoes I've had my eye on. ;)

The '67 is one of my favs too. Love the stacked headlights, mesh grill and extra curves to the body.

Nice Goat

Now that is nice! We must have been a brother from another Mother.
Is that drum brakes on the front?:eek:

Attachments

• right front lake.jpg
    right front lake.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 53
  • right rear lake.jpg
    right rear lake.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 55
Back