Castle Powersports- Nashville

Elvis

Living the Dream!
Ride
2008 R3T
Guys,

Castle called today and my bike is ready to I will pick it up tomorrow. Several of the valves were "tight" but there was no damage. They also put on the Rivco risers while it was there. This is the best part:

Valve adjustment 2.5 hours
Riser labor 1.0 hours

$240.00 according to Robert, I will try to scan the receipt and post but that is great compared to what I have been reading on here! These guys have been top notch so far.:D

Sounds like you got decent treatment there. We kind of made Castle our "meeting" point on RAAII (or was that III) in 2007. Seemed like a pretty nice dealership. Flip didn't get no love there though when he was trying to get some washers for his initial "offering" of cruise control...the mechanics were very non-commital to that idea.
That is where we kept them open late that Saturday when "lil Joe" decided to trade in his Harley for the Rocket. Then to have his helmet stolen off of his bike later on at Hooters....it was quite a day and night.

Dennis

25 dtg Dubai
26 dtg Home

Sounds like you got decent treatment there. We kind of made Castle our "meeting" point on RAAII (or was that III) in 2007. Seemed like a pretty nice dealership. Flip didn't get no love there though when he was trying to get some washers for his initial "offering" of cruise control...the mechanics were very non-commital to that idea.
That is where we kept them open late that Saturday when "lil Joe" decided to trade in his Harley for the Rocket. Then to have his helmet stolen off of his bike later on at Hooters....it was quite a day and night.

Dennis

25 dtg Dubai
26 dtg Home

I assume it was the hooters there in Goodlettsville? Not a great area at night, too much juvenile crap

It was off the interstate on the Southeast Side of greater Nashville. A few miles east of I65 and just down the road 2 minutes from Bikini Beach (255/31 vicinity).
I was not aware that it (helmet) had sprouted wings at Hooters. I heard of the incident while at Bikini Beach and am quite happy that it had been lifted up the road. Not that it had been lifted but that it wasn't at the Beach.

As to the post, the $69 per hour labor charge has my vote!

I - KC
II - Nashville
III - Eureka Sprngs
IV - Maggie Valley
V - parts unkn, KY :D

Last edited:
It was off the interstate on the Southeast Side of greater Nashville. A few miles east and just down the road 2 minutes from Bikini Beach.
I was not aware that it (helmet) had sprouted wings at Hooters. I heard of the incident while at Bikini Beach and am quite happy that it had been lifted up the road. Not that it had been lifted but that it wasn't at the Beach.

As to the post, the $69 per hour labor charge has my vote!

I - KC
II - Nashville
III - Eureka Sprngs
IV - Maggie Valley
V - parts unkn, KY :D

I still have to do the oil change but I already had the filter an oil, which reminds me, I have to look up the capacity of this thing, It is 5.9 isn;t it?

Thats correct. I fill a full 6 qts of Amsoil and like it. I use a Scotts permanent filter as well. After three years worth of filter clean-outs it has paid for itself. There are many advantages to a perma-filter: no wondering where to get another or delaying a oil change because of the lack of a fresh filter; and not having to go get a filter or ordering one. Now that it has paid for itself Im hoping it will help with the mortgage:D

Last edited:
Also, Elvis - you may want to read the thread from T Evans about the cables being short with the Rivco Risers. It left me pretty close to getting T-boned in the middle of an Indianapolis intersection.

Well I picked it up today and the bill was actually $294 ($75.50/hr.) Still not bad and the risers are great! I used to ride goldwings and with the risers it is just like the wings I used to ride!.

As far as the clutch cable, it was rerouted to outside like the directions said, no problems. However I had a set of MH Instruments speakers on the handle bars and they were going to need to be completely rewired in several areas so I removed them.

I intend to list them as a sale item. They sound great but to be honest I didn't enjoy having music on the bike as much as I thought I would.:D

Back