Anomaly

.060 Over
Ride
2015 R3T
So, I wanted to have my bike dyno'd so I had a Power Commander V installed. The A/F ratio has now been optimized for my mods and I'm going to load the PCV map into TuneECU so I can remove the PCV from the system.

Is there anything specific that I need to know about removing it? I'll probably leave it physically on the bike just disconnected so I can have it dyno'd again if I so choose. Also, the O2 sensor was removed during the install, does it need to be reinstalled? It shouldn't, right?

If you reached your final tune solution without the O2 sensor, then leave it disabled. As long as the PCV is not in the way, you certainly leave it on the bike and disconnected.

@Anomaly The "import PC tune" in TuneECU doesn't work very well. The PC-V values are also not straight up percentages. Manually transposing the values into TuneECU is your best bet and interpolate the values in TuneECU between the columns in PC-V.

That method is exactly how I've been refining my base tune for my bike for a couple of years now. It works, but be prepared to accept a margin of error, it takes usually 2 or 3 adjustments after transposing the PC-V table values to get the ECU values to be perfect.

@Anomaly The "import PC tune" in TuneECU doesn't work very well. The PC-V values are also not straight up percentages. Manually transposing the values into TuneECU is your best bet and interpolate the values in TuneECU between the columns in PC-V.

Hmm, does TuneBoy do any better as I've been considering purchasing their kit?

I guess my question is why? You went through the expense of getting the bike dyno tuned amd I'm assuming you are satisfied with the result so why would you jack with the setup just to disable the PCV?

I guess my question is why? You went through the expense of getting the bike dyno tuned amd I'm assuming you are satisfied with the result so why would you jack with the setup just to disable the PCV?

Well a few reasons: I'm going to be upgrading to the TuneBoy setup at some point. I'm now getting a check engine light on the system. (Likely a connector that was dislodged during the PCV installation). It's an unnessecary additional component in the system which can fail (and I know someone who had their PCIII fail that left them stranded until they got a new one) I want to leave it connected for Dyno purposes.

That being said, I do have a tuner in TX who did my R3T who is willing to learn TuneECU and TuneBOY since he now sees the benefit of them over PCV. He likes that it has a lot more features like Cruise Control, Launch Control, and direct ECU adjustment.

Be wary of going to TuneBOY for the added features. I have used both pretty extensively. I currently run TubeBOY simply because I need the wider range of fueling adjustment for my Carpenter motor.

Cruise control is only for ride by wire bikes, won't work on the R3.

Launch Control is sketchy at best, but functional.

Traction Control...haven't yet turned it on to test it.

Quick Shifter - requires some wiring adjustment, and frankly there are much better options (healtech).

TuneBOY does give you more adjustability but is a huge pain in the ass compared to tuneEDIT for newer bikes like yours.

On a bike with stock head and cams, I'd suggest just stick with the PC-V, if it ever breaks lift the tank and unplug it from the main harness and you can ride home on the stock tune.

Just hate to see someone spend money when not necessary (plus TuneBOY is a hellish company to deal with).

Let me know when you want to go see Nels.
Another great RARE riding day opportunity missed for me today! :(

Back