Carpenters new pipe, heat shields required?

I think the weld complaints are cute. To a welder maybe they look bad, personally I see nothing wrong them in the slightest, pipes are proven to make incredible power and as last as far as I have seen, not a single complaint that Carpenter exhausts fall apart from bad welds.

Springs - Springs are used on some of the most expensive, well regarded, exhaust systems on the planet on motorcycles. Nothing new, nothing odd, nothing questionable about them.
I blew my Brute pipe apart once. Perhap one of the spring was not seated well.

Sorry no we do not weld exhaust systems. Think about it, F-18 parts or motorcycle exhaust systems. Which do you think pays better? I am sure that the welds and construction of the pipes are high quality as compared to other brands. Most of all we are not knocking the quality of Carpenter pipes. Nothing worse than a set of pipes that some novice mig welded. My standards are very high considering what we work on. Most of the components that we work on are rated confidential security, would get in a world of $hit posting that on the internet. I can supple example pics of high quality welds come Monday with myself included so you know that it is for for real and not doctored pics.;););)

Last edited:
Thanks for the pix! As with the CES there are NO issues when on the pegs. :thumbsup:
If one needs to use hwy pegs off the engine guard, I expect that #3 will be trouble.
I have Rivco hiway pegs on my 2012 Roadster and the Carpenter Brute pipe works great very comfortable on the hiway cruising and no issues when on the pegs.
Have had my new header on my 2014 Roadster for 850+ miles riding in up to 98 degree days and have not felt any discomfort from heat. I do believe the results would not be the same on a Classic or Touring model where the foot position in farther foward. But for the Roadster the new style Carpenter pipe is the ticket. Any Rocket Roadster pilot will not need heat shields.

20150726_082823-1.jpg 20150721_211129.jpg 20150721_210155.jpg
I have the RIVCO hiway pegs on my 2012 Roadster and they work great very comfortable and good looking high quality parts.

I would like to see pix of a seated rider on a Roadster with the sidewinder, engine guards & hwy pegs.
Real hard to believe that #3 would not be a problem.
Again, thanks for your pix, @forklift.

I would like to see pix of a seated rider on a Roadster with the sidewinder, engine guards & hwy pegs.
Real hard to believe that #3 would not be a problem.
Again, thanks for your pix, @forklift.
I have the RIVCO hiway pegs mounted on the peg rails no engine guards on my bike and they work great. Im running the Brute pipe. Warp has crash bars on his bike and he has the Brute pipe also

Pix please . . .
I think the Sidewinder exhaust looks great, the welds are expected when trying to form a bend on a 2" pipe. I can live with it. I presume you had the ecu flashed as well? Remind me again what intake are you using? Ram Air? K/N's?
OF course you are correct
Sorry no we do not weld exhaust systems. Think about it, F-18 parts or motorcycle exhaust systems. Which do you think pays better? I am sure that the welds and construction of the pipes are high quality as compared to other brands. Most of all we are not knocking the quality of Carpenter pipes. Nothing worse than a set of pipes that some novice mig welded. My standards are very high considering what we work on. Most of the components that we work on are rated confidential security, would get in a world of $hit posting that on the internet. I can supple example pics of high quality welds come Monday with myself included so you know that it is for for real and not doctored pics.;););)
Sonny it would be better to show us pics of some stainless exhaust pipes youve welded . I can look on the internet and see examples of other welded components

Last edited:
OF course you are correct

IT would be better to show us pics of some stainless exhaust pipes youve welded . I can look on the internet and see examples of other welded components

I was not talking about welds. I want to see a ridr's leg clearance when on highway pegs.

Back