Carpenter 240 Kit questions

@Forrest which pipe are you going with?

I'm going with Bob's street rod exhaust! I'm letting Bob install the PCV, his exhaust, and his choice of filters. I love the bear claw however he's the expert and my understanding was that I would get the most out of the kit if I used his exhaust and the KN 4040s

Re the transmission : it seems the problems are independent of power modifications, you either get a good one or a bad one. Many stock ones went bad and many modified ones didn't, poor assembly seems to be the biggest issue.

Re the transmission : it seems the problems are independent of power modifications, you either get a good one or a bad one. Many stock ones went bad and many modified ones didn't, poor assembly seems to be the biggest issue.

Thats what I’ve gathered so far and part of the fun for me! Fixing issues with the bike is part of bike ownership in my opinion. Might as well have fun with it 😂. spending money on motorcycles is my bread and butter.

spending money on motorcycles is my bread and butter.
Only if it’s fun or necessary! The primary causes for failure in the trans ive seen is poor fit on circlips. Circlip comes out of the groove, more than one gearset engages, transmission grenades.

Heck, @Claviger has a great write up on his trans that Robinson had reworked. Not saying that Robinson did bad work, but to me anyway, don’t fix it if it ain’t broke!

Mine was a backwards circlip, but it seems like bad design, direction of circlip shouldn't be that critical, in my opinion, andnd apparently Triumph's too

Back