Carpenter 240 Kit questions

Oh! I almost forgot, I am having Bob install his choice of air filters(the 4040's I believe?) and he is using his exhaust system.
I have them. They look great, but do protrude in the left knee area. Not sure really what flows as well and would provide more knee clearance. I have a different exhaust. But I’ve taken the thing on several long trips and I got used to it I guess.
09DB370A-DE4B-449C-A0CD-91AC18A8C133.jpeg

Yup! Carpenter supplies stronger springs. But the driveline is stock.

Well that is just excellent news! I am so jazzed about this kit. My buddies think I'm making it all up 😂. I think those filters will be just fine! I'm 6'0 and if it means my left knee is a bit out of place then I could give a ****.

I have them. They look great, but do protrude in the left knee area. Not sure really what flows as well and would provide more knee clearance. I have a different exhaust. But I’ve taken the thing on several long trips and I got used to it I guess.
09DB370A-DE4B-449C-A0CD-91AC18A8C133.jpeg
What's that K&N thing that talks about your johnson?

Coolant overflow tank. And congrats, your like the third person ever to notice that!

Glad I’m still observant enough! What made you feel like that was necessary? The overflow tank not the Johnson reference. Ha!

Glad I’m still observant enough! What made you feel like that was necessary? The overflow tank not the Johnson reference. Ha!
I wanted the under seat area for storage (where some guys relocate the overflow tank ) The stock tank won’t fit in its original location with the bigger filters.

I have the 1770s, even larger and angled out 17° to boot, to clear the Touring tank,your muscle memory adapts almost immediately, and the left leg being out a bit more becomes reflex and mostly unnoticed.

Back