Carpenter 210+ VS 240+ on the street

You wont regret getting the RX-4040-1 filters it is what I run and love them but make sure you make a strap to secure them as I did in this thread -- Bigger is Better | R3Owners
HansO, I just installed the ramair and did the the recommended wait until the fan comes on and then another 12 min without any throttle being touched. I've noticed a huge difference in the bike both in performance and even sound. But now I'm getting that sneezing sound when I Rev it up. Any help would be appreciated. Have a good night.

Im running the 9000 rpm tune, and I hear you when you say asap, but you don't know my missus ( hope she don't see this ). Do let me know how the shift lite goes, I need one to stop bouncing off the rev limiter.

You be doin' some good "low flying", Rick!:thumbsup:

Stay safe!;)

I believe Les hit it right on the nose about the rpm band. Another thing I have noticed is you might not ever thought you would need it but once you have the larger rpm span you use it. There is nothing like cruising down the highway when a sport bike or Vrod pulls up on you getting spunky and being able to go down to third gear and rip the tire loose at 70 mph. You should see the look on their faces when you go back up to fifth, raise your helmet and scream at them 'go ahead I'll catch you!!!!!!
Most Harley's that want to race me I let them know I will spot them a block two head start to make it fair :D
Now as for the sport bike in my area the words out about me and they leave the Millennium Falcon alone. Which is kind of a bummer now:(
V-Rod? You should be able to spank them in stock form...unless maybe you have a Touring??

V-Rod? You should be able to spank them in stock form...unless maybe you have a Touring??
For sure! My nephew has a 2012 V-Rod Muscle with intake, pipes, and PCV all tuned. When I got my R3R still stock, him solo, and me 2up I was beating him light to light. He could take me on topend because I still had the limiter on it. Tune ECU fixed that though.

Finally I'll have someone to ride with that can keep up with me....
Well, I just read every post in this thread and I'm even more excited to get my bike. I've purchased a 2007 R3 with the 210+ package from Bob Carpenter. It dyno'd at 224 HP and 176 lb.ft. of twist. I had him send the pipe to be polished and it should be ready to ship later this week (fingers crossed.) The bike had 26 miles on the odo prior to the dyno session, so this is pretty much a brand new bike. Bob gave me a killer deal and I'm totally stoked. Now I can turn it into the bike I want. Probably bags, windshield or fairing, floor boards, remove the back seat....

He has 2012 for-sale too if any of you are looking and it has less than 100 miles on the ticker...

BTW -I'm brand new to the R3owners forum. Cheers!
Welcome from Memphis!

Thanks for the greetings and input. Being new to R3, I have no clue what the various screens are or where to get them (Triumph dealer, or?) Also, I've seen reference to PCV in some posts. Call me "old school" but PCV was something on old cars that needed to be replaced or cleaned during a tune-up (Positive Crankcase Ventilation valve.) So, what is this?

for a screen that let you go fast check the bullster from secdem

based on my interpretation of your dilemma, my bet would be you want the 210... the general way it always seems to works for a given motor (non-huffed) is: more power = more rpm = power hits higher = less fun unless you are winding it up... unless you are a pretty aggressive rider the way your bike sits right now is pretty nice...

how much time do you spend over 5k rpm and 3/4 throttle now?

not taking anything away from carpenter's stuff, but i think most people who buy a torque heavy bike in the first place would be happier with a supercharger kit - other than the complexity and looks...
NOT true they both operate in the same rev range but the higher compression of the 240 kit produces more power everywhere and you can run an even higher 13.5 compression and gain more power at no extra cost and make over 250+HP and I like that package

Back