Carpenter 210+ VS 240+ on the street

My dyno sheet only shows to 8000, but I know it revs beyond that. I know it's supposed to drop off a little after 8K, but I don't feel any drop. It pulls hard all the way to the rev limit.

Carp 265hp.jpeg

I noticed a little drop off around 8500

My dyno sheet only shows to 8000, but I know it revs beyond that. I know it's supposed to drop off a little after 8K, but I don't feel any drop. It pulls hard all the way to the rev limit.

Carp 265hp.jpeg
If thats your print out there is no way thats tuned to 9000rpm. Anyone can set the rev limit with the tuning software but I am still yet to see a tune that rev to that limit. Sure it will rev that high but what is it doing to the internals of the engine doing so?

If thats your print out there is no way thats tuned to 9000rpm. Anyone can set the rev limit with the tuning software but I am still yet to see a tune that rev to that limit. Sure it will rev that high but what is it doing to the internals of the engine doing so?

The bikes(like mine) that can rev to 9000rpm do not have the internals of your ordinary Rocket.

I do realise that, looking at Steels dyno sheet it makes 175hp at 8000rpm so what would be the point of revving the engine to 9000rpm?
Dude thats 175 torque not hp

Hp is a wee bit higher there is a print out in words upper left to make it easier :D
I'd better have another grenade :D

Yours is the same, losing power after 8000. Only reason I can come up with is making the finish line without an extra gear change. But still no need for a street riden bike
Back to my original reply---because we can:D but as Steel said it still pulls like you are effing a kangaroo i know the dyno says different but boy is it a rush.
Only a few riders ride the rocket to its full potential in stock form, why some buy the Rocket is mainly for the size of it but in my neck of the woods we have lots of long straight roads to open the beast up.

Back to my original reply---because we can:D but as Steel said it still pulls like you are effing a kangaroo i know the dyno says different but boy is it a rush.
Only a few riders ride the rocket to its full potential in stock form, why some buy the Rocket is mainly for the size of it but in my neck of the woods we have lots of long straight roads to open the beast up.
Yes indeed! Nothing like shifting into 4th at 150mph and feeling the front tire lose traction as it comes off the ground. (On a closed course, by a professional driver, wearing full gear :p)

Back