Carpenter 210+ VS 240+ on the street

I do realise that, looking at Steels dyno sheet it makes 175hp at 8000rpm so what would be the point of revving the engine to 9000rpm?
Since my Tach only shows 8000, I try to shift as it's passing that mark, and it passes quickly. Probably at about 8500 when I actually shift. Even if it's down to only 250 hp, she's pulling pretty effin hard.

Back to my original reply---because we can:D but as Steel said it still pulls like you are effing a kangaroo i know the dyno says different but boy is it a rush.
Only a few riders ride the rocket to its full potential in stock form, why some buy the Rocket is mainly for the size of it but in my neck of the woods we have lots of long straight roads to open the beast up.
Mines tuned to 8000rpm and makes 242hp and 190ftlb so I know exactly what they go like. I have seen one running to 9000 but that has a big hole in the block and a rod coming out the sump now. Might of been a bit lean up top aye.

213fmb.jpg
Imagine what it would be like with the whole motor. :sneaky:

1513312581095_PART_1513312581039.jpg

I picked up my bike from Carpenter on Saturday. Final numbers with the Reband exhaust and 4040-1 filters was 222 rwhp. SURPRISINGLY to everyone, the 4040-1 filters actually produced a couple more HP than the open velocity stacks. Bob posited that this was due to other environmental factors during the run, and I tend to agree, but it's still a strong endorsement for the filters.

An open velocity stack will always flow easier than a filter, but if (like me) you just can't stomach the idea of running open stacks (and you don't mind sticking your left knee out a little while riding), these KN RX-4040-1 filters do a solid job passing wind to the engine.

I'm also told that they are working on a new design for their awesome Brute exhaust system that will put a bit of a curve in to pull a bit of heat away from your leg without stifling the flow. I personally like the look of a little twist up by the headers, so I'm eagerly awaiting their availability and may end up ordering one to let a few of those extra ponies out.

As for the magic that Carpenter Racing did to my engine... well... I'll post the dyno as soon as I get a chance, but right now I am enjoying what feels like endless ENDLESS amounts of power. The Reband pipe seems to have trimmed a few ponies off the top (I got the 240+ build and only pulled 222) due to the 1.75" headers and exhaust core, but on the dyno it showed an EXCEPTIONALLY even torque curve. There is no mountainous buildup of torque, just a solid 150-170 lb/ft all through the rev range, which makes it very easy to predict and adds to the feeling of limitless, tractable power.

The bike was beautiful when I got it, and I have never for a moment felt it lacked brute strength, but I cannot describe the incredible feeling of having all the potential of that huge juggernaut of an engine clenched in my white knuckled right hand. Three cheers for Triumph making an awesome machine and three more for Carpenter Racing pushing it beyond the pale of pure madness.

Interesting about the Rebands. Mine did 232 with CES fitted to a 265 kit on pump gas. All the number published by Carpenter are on MR12, so 232*1.06 = 245.6. 23 hp difference with very similar headers when comparing kits 25 hp apart, shows pretty solidly that Reband and CES are pretty much equals for making power.

I agree about the feeling of torque, even and everywhere lol, I am actually really nervous about upgrading headers because of how good it feels now. At 190whp I couldn’t stop plying with the power, now at 232 I find it difficult to find a place I can let it rip. At 252... yeah It’ll just be worse.

Considering ordering an upgraded set and only putting them for racing, keeping the CES for street. Not like anyone’s going to pull on me at 232 (unless I find @Steel on the street).

I do realise that, looking at Steels dyno sheet it makes 175hp at 8000rpm so what would be the point of revving the engine to 9000rpm?

The point of 9000 is this:

Even though power is falling off, the gearing advantage of not having to shift still makes it accelerate faster than if you shifted and were at peak power.

Interesting about the Rebands. Mine did 232 with CES fitted to a 265 kit on pump gas. All the number published by Carpenter are on MR12, so 232*1.06 = 245.6. 23 hp difference with very similar headers when comparing kits 25 hp apart, shows pretty solidly that Reband and CES are pretty much equals for making power.

I agree about the feeling of torque, even and everywhere lol, I am actually really nervous about upgrading headers because of how good it feels now. At 190whp I couldn’t stop plying with the power, now at 232 I find it difficult to find a place I can let it rip. At 252... yeah It’ll just be worse.

Considering ordering an upgraded set and only putting them for racing, keeping the CES for street. Not like anyone’s going to pull on me at 232 (unless I find @Steel on the street).
I might look at getting a 2 inch system for mine, should give around 260hp on pump gas:)

Back