Carpenter 210+ VS 240+ on the street

Pedro will vouch for me when I say, I absolutely love my 240 Carp kitted Rocket, and that I absolutely hammer the f#!k out of it. I could have just gone with the J210 kit, but am so glad I didn't. Nothin lights my fire like the big triple singing at 8000rpm+ . Nothing. I am still in awe of it and still respect her. I have not conqured her yet and maybe I never will. Overtaking other bikes whilst spinning the rear tire @120kmh+.....Priceless.

How may miles have you ridden since the 240 kit?

Pedro will vouch for me when I say, I absolutely love my 240 Carp kitted Rocket, and that I absolutely hammer the f#!k out of it. I could have just gone with the J210 kit, but am so glad I didn't. Nothin lights my fire like the big triple singing at 8000rpm+ . Nothing. I am still in awe of it and still respect her. I have not conqured her yet and maybe I never will. Overtaking other bikes whilst spinning the rear tire @120kmh+.....Priceless.
YES RICK you got a tiger by the tail it is a thrilling awe inspiring ride that pumps you up with adrenaline and leaves a permanent smile on your face LOL BLAST OFF AND HANG ON

I've lit up my Mulberry Mistress to the rev/tach limit, umm, more than a few times. The challenge is controlling or keeping the front wheel stable as you launch into warp factor whatever and/or beyond.
I did all the street testing on all the CARPENTER modded Rocket running thousands of miles to prove streetability

How may miles have you ridden since the 240 kit?
7000km....I run Motul 300v engine oil, which is the best I can buy here. Pedro did a compression check for me last weekend, and shes all good. I was worried about all the abuse ive given her, but nah, shes purring. The MTC clutch I have in her is the best IMHPO, coz it takes a hammering with no hint of slip, none. She EATS tyres, but that's my fault, one I will live with

Hey Rick what rwhp are you getting with your set up?
to be honest , I don't know for sure, every time I have spare cash, the missus gets her mitts on it. I have been told by my dyno guy he will want the bike for 8hrs to get the very most out of her (that's gonna cost me $7-1000 ) I know I have to do this but ......im guessing but I think I have more than the standard 240. I will know for sure soon as ive just done my tax return,but I cant hide it from my missus, coz shes also my book keeper accountant !!!!!

to be honest , I don't know for sure, every time I have spare cash, the missus gets her mitts on it. I have been told by my dyno guy he will want the bike for 8hrs to get the very most out of her (that's gonna cost me $7-1000 ) I know I have to do this but ......im guessing but I think I have more than the standard 240. I will know for sure soon as ive just done my tax return,but I cant hide it from my missus, coz shes also my book keeper accountant !!!!!
So are you using a tune you downloaded from someone else? I would be getting it dyno tuned asap mate, a lot of money to spend on a bike and then not being sure its running right. Hey I got a shift light coming I will let you know if it works.

YES RICK you have the 265 package so I know your bike is fast as F---K

7000km....I run Motul 300v engine oil, which is the best I can buy here. Pedro did a compression check for me last weekend, and shes all good. I was worried about all the abuse ive given her, but nah, shes purring. The MTC clutch I have in her is the best IMHPO, coz it takes a hammering with no hint of slip, none. She EATS tyres, but that's my fault, one I will live with

Gratitude!
Thanks for taking the time to respond. :thumbsup:

So are you using a tune you downloaded from someone else? I would be getting it dyno tuned asap mate, a lot of money to spend on a bike and then not being sure its running right. Hey I got a shift light coming I will let you know if it works.
Im running the 9000 rpm tune, and I hear you when you say asap, but you don't know my missus ( hope she don't see this ). Do let me know how the shift lite goes, I need one to stop bouncing off the rev limiter.

YES RICK you have the 265 package so I know your bike is fast as F---K
I knew I had something above the norm when I got my '240' kit Art, it was the new spec'ed cams wasn't it ? plus I added more.....larger air filters/9000rpm tune ect...with the bigger volume injectors yet to come = ponies on there way. I have smashed so many 'Fast' bikes/ego's around here its not funny. Killer combo..Rpm+torque+hp, My Rocket has it in spades ! No supercharger for me, can barely handle what I have

Back