I had the new brake pads sparkling before I installed them, now for some reason my bike takes twice as long to stop:confused:

I know Hanso has had great luck with EBH HH Pads (per his last post), but I have experiences the same as you. Even the pads I just put in.... they stop OK but not as well as the stock pads. This has been my experience with EBC pads on my current Rocket, My previous Rocket, a previous Daytona T595, a Sprint RS, etc.

It seems the stock pads give you the "sportbike" stopping power. Not sure who makes them for Triumph or more importantly, what the pad composition is.

Sorry to mislead you CB but my bike is stopping just fine I was just extending my compulsive cleaning disorder to cover my brakes, of course no one would ever put a mirror shine finish on brake pads before installing them.:D or would they?

I know Hanso has had great luck with EBH HH Pads (per his last post), but I have experiences the same as you. Even the pads I just put in.... they stop OK but not as well as the stock pads. This has been my experience with EBC pads on my current Rocket, My previous Rocket, a previous Daytona T595, a Sprint RS, etc.

It seems the stock pads give you the "sportbike" stopping power. Not sure who makes them for Triumph or more importantly, what the pad composition is.
Something a lot of people don't mention but should always be done and that is to scuff up the rotor surface with a very fine wet-n-dry sandpaper so the new pad break in properly that and make sure you clean All compontents including the new pads with a quality Brake cleaner

Sorry to mislead you CB but my bike is stopping just fine I was just extending my compulsive cleaning disorder to cover my brakes, of course no one would ever put a mirror shine finish on brake pads before installing them.:D or would they?

Gotcha! BTW, the reason it took me so long to change the rear pads was because I needed to pick up and dispose of the empty beer cans I drank while doing the job! Cleanliness is godliness..... ;)

I have a 2010 Roadster, 19k miles and just changed my pads (was advised it was getting close, better now than late I say).
The first time I've changed pads on a bike vs the shop ... piece of cake on the RIII. I do have to hand it to Triumph for serviceability. I see the BS my friends have to go through to do the simplest changes. Horrible.
What I can tell you is that all of my front pads are stamped "NISSIN", while both rear pads are stamped "BREMBO".
I still have them if anyone wants part numbers.

JT

I have a 2010 Roadster, 19k miles and just changed my pads (was advised it was getting close, better now than late I say).
The first time I've changed pads on a bike vs the shop ... piece of cake on the RIII. I do have to hand it to Triumph for serviceability. I see the BS my friends have to go through to do the simplest changes. Horrible.
What I can tell you is that all of my front pads are stamped "NISSIN", while both rear pads are stamped "BREMBO".
I still have them if anyone wants part numbers.

JT
That would make sense nas it is Nissin that makes the front calipers and Brembo the rear caliper :)

me roadster came with nissin HH (TT2172HH) fronts and brembo GG (TT2802GG) rear

expensive and difficult to find imo, €130 for full set not inc postage compared to EBC €90 :eek:

Just received my full set of brake pads from Flipmeister Specialty for 90 bucks including shipping. Can't beat that deal!
Thanks Flip!

Back