bonecarver

Supercharged
Ride
2011 R3T- Jardines / RamAir / PCV/AT
Got the bike inspected yesterday and they told me they let me slide with the brake pads, but they needed to be replaced... soon.

So where do you guys get your pads?

I would really like to stay with a softer pad, as I would just as soon have to replace them then a rotor. I know that Flip sells pads but see they are the double H and I don't know how rough they are on the rotors...
Anyway not having good luck finding pads for the Touring on the internet, and I am hoping someone can tell me where to order them. Else I will have to drive to the dealer.
Thanks
Curt

Bike Bandit or numerous sites have pads for the Rocket, the rocket pads fit plenty of other bikes others will chip in about which models, I have used the HH pads for 56000 miles and my rotors are fine.
Ebay has hudreds of pads for the rocket from the soft to the hard just type in Triumph Rocket brake pads.:D

I read somewhere that Honda VTX 1800 pads are the same as our rockets.

I've been using the pads Flips sells for many, many miles now and my rotors appear fine. I have 67K miles on my bike. Just ordered a set of rear pads from Flip the day before yesterday.. :)

Got the bike inspected yesterday and they told me they let me slide with the brake pads, but they needed to be replaced... soon.

So where do you guys get your pads?

I would really like to stay with a softer pad, as I would just as soon have to replace them then a rotor. I know that Flip sells pads but see they are the double H and I don't know how rough they are on the rotors...
Anyway not having good luck finding pads for the Touring on the internet, and I am hoping someone can tell me where to order them. Else I will have to drive to the dealer.
Thanks
Curt

Flipmeisters Specialty Products best anywhere - tell'em I sent you:)

Interesting you should bring this up. I just picked up front and rear pads for my 08 R3T. I have 11.5K on the bike. I think the rear are still OK but the fronts are getting down there. The "Triumph" pads are outrageously priced. My dealer sells them for $180 for both side front "Triumph" brand pads. I went with EBC's for less then half the price. I did EBC for the rear as well. I paid $28 for the rear pads.

The last time I went from stock pads to EBC brand HH's (on my older 05 standard Rocket), I did notice that the braking was not as good as with the stock pads. The braking was OK but just not as good as the previous stock pads. It will be interesting to see if that holds true with this bike as well. I am expecting it the braking to be a bit less.

Question, has anyone chnaged the rear pads (on an R3T) without removing the caliper? Can it be done? or, is caliper removal absolutely required?

Rear brake pads are the only "real" maintenance I've done myself, simply because it is so easy. Two tools - screw driver to remove the saddle bag and pliers to remove the clip for the pin holding the pads. I've been able to push the caliper inward against the disk using only my hands until the piston is pressed back into the caliper far enough for the old pads to fall out and the new pads to clear. 15 minutes max.

Alrighty then.... i will give it a go! :D Thanks for the response. I looked at it earlier and figured pads should be replaceable without having to remove the rear caliper.

Thanks again!

Back