BOARDS ON MY ROADSTER - FINALLY!

Thank you!!! That one should be the perfect match and also match your shoulder bolt you are using for the heel/toe shifter

Gratitude, Amigo!
I hope this means you looked it up and are advising me it'll fit?
If so, I feel much better.

I didn't look it up but it's how I found the correct shoulder bolt size for the heel toe lever. I remember the bike parts like the back of my hand. It had a smaller diameter shoulder bolt than the brake side. You should be perfect.

Are you on a Roadster, Amigo?
The Standard boards I have are horizontal.
The Classic boards tip upward from rear to front.
No Sir!
I have a set of the Standard with aftermarket boards as well and they are indeed different.
What I am REALLY liking so far is they are quite a bit higher than my stock pegs were.
They were ground off at a 45° angle along with other stuff.
With my slightly taller shockies and Exedra Max. these are yielding way more clearance!
The standard boards are not aftermarket but were sold by triumph as an accessory before the launch of the classic. They are the ones that sit higher and have more angle.
Part number A9758085

Last edited:
The standard boards are not aftermarket but were sold by triumph as an accessory before the launch of the classic. They are the ones that sit higher and have more angle.
Part number A9758085

Thanks for the dope! That, "sold by triumph as an accessory before the launch of the classic" now makes total sense to me.
This is what I found and must be what I must have according to @HansO and others.
What an education this floor board thingy has been! :eek: :thumbsup:

FOOTBOARD & R/GEAR LVR KIT A9758085 for Triumph $450
A9758085-floorboard kit.jpg

Last edited:
To clarify because there is a gen of information in this thread I need to figure out.

There are rails with more ground clearance than the Roadsters? I have no interest in boards, but I'll certainly take any and all ground clearance I can get! The extra clearance rails, it's not just the leg position but the rail itself with extra space?

Is the part number above the set with extra clearance for the whole rail and not just the peg location?

I kind of became the "local" guru and I can tell you that question is near impossible to explain with the current terminology that even confuses Triumph in the U.K.

There are two board setups.... flatter boards and angled boards...

The flatter boards have less ground clearance and the angled boards have more... some will try to talk classic vs standard but I came to find out that it didn't apply as a wholesale term as most people had thought...

As far as it having more ground clearance than the Roadster - the end of the angled boards are slightly higher than the pegs but @1olbull wouod be able to explain that better.

The part number above is no longer in production and I've only found two sets in 5 years in dealer left over inventory and that was with a Triumph checking their records.

@1olbull the shift linkage on my standard with boards was moderately uncomfortable due to the short "throw" on the actual shifter so I bought a shifter for a street twin and attached it directly to the shaft...much better

@1olbull the shift linkage on my standard with boards was moderately uncomfortable due to the short "throw" on the actual shifter so I bought a shifter for a street twin and attached it directly to the shaft...much better

Exactly what I did a year or so ago.
My shifter is from a Thunderbird.
My Shift Board.jpg

Back