BOARDS ON MY ROADSTER - FINALLY!

To clarify because there is a gen of information in this thread I need to figure out.

There are rails with more ground clearance than the Roadsters? I have no interest in boards, but I'll certainly take any and all ground clearance I can get! The extra clearance rails, it's not just the leg position but the rail itself with extra space?

Is the part number above the set with extra clearance for the whole rail and not just the peg location?
I'll have to park next to his bike at some point and compare since our bikes both have raised suspensions.

The image below was from post#8 here (and now gone) but I found it on Google images
Floorboard parts help

upload_2017-3-23_8-54-46.png

I believe they are comparing the Classic (LHS) to the Standard (RHS) in the photos not the Roadster, but the Roadster is probably as low as the Classic. I think @1olbull has boards on a Standard bar mount which gives the much increased clearance to the Roadster.

Last edited:
is that a center stand that shows behind the kick stand in that picture? If it is where can you get them?

No, that is a removeable Flipmeisters Signature Paddock Stand for servicing etc made and supplied at a great price by a forum member @Sidecar Flip through his website Flipmeisters Speciality Products Flipmeisters Specialty Products

He is a great bloke and has heaps of supporters and happy customers on this forum, including me. He stocks a range of other company top products for Rockets at competitive prices but also makes his own custom signature ones like the service stand.

Signature Products | Flipmeisters Specialty Products

Pretty sure 1olbull hasn't got a centrestand either as he has a Roadster, but RIVCO did make a very pretty chrome version for the Std and Classics models up to 2009. These do not fit the Roadster or Touring.
I have a Roadster and found out after purchasing a brand new never fitted one from a forum member and may yet modify it. The Roadster has ABS and the lugs/tabs of the RIVCO mount have to be cut and re-welded about 20mm to one side to clear the ABS system.

I believe they are out of production and they never made a Roadster or Touring version but there is a UK site that still lists them. Whether they still have any in stock you will have to contact them but here you go:

Triumph Rocket 3 III Accessories
Specifically:
Rivco Products USA, Centre Stand Triumph Rocket 3
US$360.70 after conversion plus postage
Centre Stand Triumph Rocket 3

There are a number of threads on these forums about them and a fair bit of negative comment re effects on cornering clearance and ease/difficulties of fitting even on the pre 2010 R3 Std and Classic models.
upload_2017-3-23_12-33-2.png

Last edited:
The image below was from post#8 here (and now gone) but I found it on Google images
Floorboard parts help

upload_2017-3-23_8-54-46.png

I believe they are comparing the Classic (LHS) to the Standard (RHS) in the photos not the Roadster, but the Roadster is probably as low as the Classic. I think @1olbull has boards on a Standard bar mount which gives the much increased clearance to the Roadster.

No, that is a removeable Flipmeisters Signature Paddock Stand for servicing etc made and supplied at a great price by a forum member @Sidecar Flip through his website Flipmeisters Speciality Products Flipmeisters Specialty Products

He is a great bloke and has heaps of supporters and happy customers on this forum, including me. He stocks a range of other company top products for Rockets at competitive prices but also makes his own custom signature ones like the service stand.

Signature Products | Flipmeisters Specialty Products

Pretty sure 1olbull hasn't got a centrestand either as he has a Roadster, but RIVCO did make a very pretty chrome version for the Std and Classics models up to 2009. These do not fit the Roadster or Touring.
I have a Roadster and found out after purchasing a brand new never fitted one from a forum member and may yet modify it. The Roadster has ABS and the lugs/tabs of the RIVCO mount have to be cut and re-welded about 20mm to one side to clear the ABS system.

I believe they are out of production and they never made a Roadster or Touring version but there is a UK site that still lists them. Whether they still have any in stock you will have to contact them but here you go:

Triumph Rocket 3 III Accessories
Specifically:
Rivco Products USA, Centre Stand Triumph Rocket 3
US$360.70 after conversion plus postage
Centre Stand Triumph Rocket 3

There are a number of threads on these forums about them and a fair bit of negative comment re effects on cornering clearance and ease/difficulties of fitting even on the pre 2010 R3 Std and Classic models.
upload_2017-3-23_12-33-2.png
Thank you very much for the information.

Ya mongrel! Rubbing my nose in it too! ;):D
Sorry mate, I was being a bit cheeky there :thumbsup:; however, you may have dodged a bullet as the gear selector was missing from the kit o_O:eek::banghead: (ironically, it's apparently one of the hardest parts to get). Its been a few weeks now with phone calls and emails. I was sent one that was on the display wall, the assumption was that this was the (missing) one from the kit but it was a gear shifter (I've since found out) from a 'Triumph America'- see pic. I have been assured it will be sorted by the end of this week. I got the kit from Lloyd Chapman Motorcycles in Perth. I was surprised when I called and it turned out to be Lloyd Chapman's because as you know Ishrub, the kit was advertised on Gumtree AU. I thought it was a private ad. I was even more surprised when I was told that Lloyd Chapman's were closing down! The guy I spoke to said that he had had enough... he seemed genuinely upset to be closing his doors... It's a shame to be loosing such an iconic dealership in Western Australia. I went there a few times when I lived in Perth.
T. IMG_0645.JPG Triumph America.jpg

Last edited:
The gear selectors are the hardest ones to find. Triumph US tracked one down at a dealer several years ago for me and it was the "last new in box" selector in the world.... according to them. Good luck!

Back