BOARDS ON MY ROADSTER - FINALLY!

1olbull

Riding Motor Since 1950
Ride
2012 R3R "Kong" - 2011 R3R "YurMama"
Well I have finished the Standartd board swap!
Thanks @cadconversions.
Kong_3.jpg Kong_2.jpg Kong_1.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty sure those at the Standard aftermarket boards - the Classic's are lower. But looks good and if you're comfy that's what matters.

No Sir!
I have a set of the Standard with aftermarket boards as well and they are indeed different.
What I am REALLY liking so far is they are quite a bit higher than my stock pegs were.
They were ground off at a 45° angle along with other stuff.
With my slightly taller shockies and Exedra Max. these are yielding way more clearance!

The underlined words are incorrect!
My boards are Standard as pointed out by others.
I also have a set of rails with the Rivco boards.

Last edited:
Then god knows what mine are - they are WAY lower than stock pegs and the brake pedal is a different shape.
My understanding was - these are Classics. But I'm happy and so are you.

Are you on a Roadster, Amigo?
The Standard boards I have are horizontal.
The Classic boards tip upward from rear to front.

Sorry Steve but Chris is right You have the Same as I do which is the Std Conversion Boards they give the same ground clearance as the Std Pegs did which is heaps more than the flatter and lower Classic Boards

2009 Standard. I had the boards fitted from new. Did yours come with heel/toe changer?
Mine look to be lower

To me, those in your pix look to be the same as mine. My right side board is about 10½ inches off the ground at its rear (bike balanced upright). What be yours?

Yes, the shift side does have a heel and toe, which I HATE!
Since I never use my heel to shift and it is always in the way, reduces available foot room and gets occasionally bumped out of gear, I plan to cut it off very soon.

Now I have found an interesting discrepancy! Back in 2012 Aussie called @nox273 installed Classic boards to his R3R.
Looking back at his pix the shift arm and linkage were different. His linkage attached forward of the pivot.
Nox Shift Board.jpg
My shift arm is shaped differently and the linkage attaches rearward of the pivot.
My Shift Board.jpg
Both boards angle upwards and appear to be from a Classic model.
Any ideas about the differences in the shift arm and linkage?

Sorry Steve but Chris is right You have the Same as I do which is the Std Conversion Boards they give the same ground clearance as the Std Pegs did which is heaps more than the flatter and lower Classic Boards

Thanks for jumping in, Hans!
@nox273 did TWO swaps in 2012. First he went with Standard rails and pegs and later to Classic rails with Boards.
The pix I put up were of his Classic install. This is a pix of his Standard install.
Standard Rail & Peg.jpg
My other set of rails and boards look to be the same rails as Standard with aftermarket boards installed in place of the pegs.
My Other Shift Board.jpg
When @cadconversions did his swap, he also stated he purchased the Classic set up that I eventually bought from him.

Am I confused somewhere? Please straighten me out . . . if possible. :banghead:

To me, those in your pix look to be the same as mine. My right side board is about 10½ inches off the ground at its rear (bike balanced upright). What be yours?

Yes, the shift side does have a heel and toe, which I HATE!
Since I never use my heel to shift and it is always in the way, reduces available foot room and gets occasionally bumped out of gear, I plan to cut it off very soon.

Now I have found an interesting discrepancy! Back in 2012 Aussie called @nox273 installed Classic boards to his R3R.
Looking back at his pix the shift arm and linkage were different. His linkage attached forward of the pivot.
Nox Shift Board.jpg
My shift arm is shaped differently and the linkage attaches rearward of the pivot.
My Shift Board.jpg
Both boards angle upwards and appear to be from a Classic model.
Any ideas about the differences in the shift arm and linkage?
Steve the pictures you show are right yours which is the same as mine attach to the back half whilst the Classic attached to front and if you look really carefully his boards do not have quite as much angle and they lower, it is true Classic boards are identical to Std conversion boards but on a different rail, wait till you park next to a real Classic you will see the difference

Back