Nrocket

.020 Over
Ride
Rocket 3 Roadster
Hi All,

I am looking to add 3 things on my 3 months new Rocket 3 Roadster. For some reason, the local dealer is not very knowledgeable about this. Here are the things that I am looking for information on. Any brand/product names, website links to buy from will help a lot.

1). Rider floorboards for long distance comfort. Prefer black, but some chrome will work too

2). If not the rider floorboards, I need suggestions on highway pegs that can mount on the dresser bars. Suggestions on any other better location to put your feet on long distance travel are welcome too.

3). Looking to relocate the passenger foot peg a little forward OR replace the footpeg with a passenger floorboard a little forward. Prefer black, but some chrome will work.

If anyone has done this or anything similar, I would love to hear from them. Also, pictures will be great!

I am spending way too much time on this forum since this is really active forum and I love it. All the helpful members on this forum make it such a useful place to frequent.

Thanks for your help.

Welcome from NJ, you may be able to fit triumph touring floorboards but you will need to order the rails, boards, shifter, brake pedal and maybe some other parts?? Don't take my word for it, but I'm sure you can make it work. Good luck.

I felt the same thing when I got my roadster originally about the foot position however after a 5000 KM ride I realized that I was actually good with the pegs. On my last bike I replaced the pegs with Kuryakyn switchblade pegs, the extra heel rest made it more comfortable for long rides. I took that bike on a 12000 KM trip across the country, no issues.

I don't have dresser bars but have been considering adding footpegs to the rails. Here is a picture of another site member who did just that, he added goldwing ergo II mounts and pegs

upload_2016-9-22_13-26-8.png

Here is the original forum post:
Big bike, cramped riding position, need info

Here is the part I was going to but, but the price tag scared me off.
Ergo II Cruise Mounts | Highway & Cruise Pegs | Pegs & Foot Controls | Kuryakyn

Kuryakyn makes some black foot boards that work with an adapter, they also make some highway pegs that will fit the stock crash bars. Same company makes passenger boards as well as passenger relocation brackets to move the passenger boards down about 2" and forward about 2".

Welcome from NJ, you may be able to fit triumph touring floorboards but you will need to order the rails, boards, shifter, brake pedal and maybe some other parts?? Don't take my word for it, but I'm sure you can make it work. Good luck.
Thanks Jag. Will take a look at those.

I felt the same thing when I got my roadster originally about the foot position however after a 5000 KM ride I realized that I was actually good with the pegs. On my last bike I replaced the pegs with Kuryakyn switchblade pegs, the extra heel rest made it more comfortable for long rides. I took that bike on a 12000 KM trip across the country, no issues.

I don't have dresser bars but have been considering adding footpegs to the rails. Here is a picture of another site member who did just that, he added goldwing ergo II mounts and pegs

upload_2016-9-22_13-26-8.png

Here is the original forum post:
Big bike, cramped riding position, need info

Here is the part I was going to but, but the price tag scared me off.
Ergo II Cruise Mounts | Highway & Cruise Pegs | Pegs & Foot Controls | Kuryakyn

Thanks blip for the links etc. The pegs installed in this picture looks good. I have been thinking of putting crash/dresser bars that will serve dual purpose ... protection of the engine and used for install of highway pegs etc.

I will take a look at kuryakyn. Looks like they make a few different pegs and boards that may work.

Save yourself some $

You can get F/R crash bars separately from this eBay seller as well.

Rear + front package - I got mine here and he has sold them even cheaper on Amazon in the past.

Triumph Rocket III Front & Rear Engine GUARD HIGHWAY CRASH Dresser Bar

Even fatter 1.5" ones from Germany - he has other stuff in stock including chrome ones - They are all identical so if that is what you want select the cheapest R3 ones.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/barra-protettiva-38-mm-extra-grande-paramotore-per-Triumph-Rocket-Roadster-/142046781026?hash=item2112a5de62:g:X-EAAOSwuAVWxIe9

Crash bars and sissy bar rack, backrests for passenger and rider too.

http://www.ebay.com/dsc/m.html?rmvSB=true&_ssn=lulu2808&item=131848579958&afsrc=1&_from=R40&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=1&_nkw=Rocket&LH_PrefLoc=2

I got my Chrome Dually Hightway Foot Pegs from China AU $68.84 (US$51.75) with free postage and have purchased multiple sets excellent quality deep thick chrome and quality fittings. I think they may be made by the same factory as does Kuryakyn. I have also used the clamps (3rd photo below) sold separately in 1" (25.4mm) size to mount additional forward pegs on my 1" Roadster peg rails in front of the gear and brake levers which with real Kuryakyn brand premium footboards on spline Triumph adapters now gives me a huge range of foot placement. These are all massively cheaper than Triumph branded products and of equal quality.

For h'way pegs that fit to the stock 1.25" (32mm) bars you do not need to get Triumph ones.
For Roadster front and rear peg replacement you have to do some research and purchase the matching Japanese model peg fitment. This can be found on the Kuryakyn website or Cruiser Customizing

1" 1 1/4" Chrome Dually Hightway Foot Pegs footpegs For Harley Davidson

They do have the matching wing mini boards as used by @1olbull too.

AU $72.27 (US$54.33)
Wing Style Foot Rests Pegs For Harley Touring Models V-Rod Male Peg Mount Chrome

Highway Peg Clamp Mount For Harley Honda Suzuki Kawasaki 1.25" 32mm Engine Guard

AU $73.39 (US$55.17)

Aluminum Foot Peg Footrest Clamps for Harley Honda Yamaha Kawasaki 1 1/4" 32MM
AU $34.08 (US$25.62)

They have a huge range of products matching Kuryakyn, except full size foot boards and all available in black or chrome xfwlkjfa | eBay

Oops! For some reason they do not ship to USA
. Maybe because they may be made by the same factory as does Kuryakyn. Oh well good for the rest of us though.

Item location: Guang Zhou, China
Posting to: Worldwide
Excludes: Hong Kong, Canada, United States, Angola, Turkey, China, United Kingdom, PO Box

BUT all of the same and much cheaper than but apparently identical to Kuryakyn are available on Amazon with cheap or free postage for you guys in the USA. It does take hours to scroll through them all though do a search for 'motorcycle pegs'

You will need adapters for many if not all. See my next post below.

Here is more from previous threads

Just been through this for the past few months. The Classic boards (aftermarket versions from RIVCO and others) will not fit the driver/rider position as they have different hinge type fittings. The splined variety of foot boards will fit the Standard R3s and 2010 on Roadsters with front or rear splined adapters for about US$26. There are a range of Kuryakyn splined versions available and you can also use Mini Boards in a range of shapes with front or rear Triumph tapered adapters, again about US$26. Cruiser Customizing has some good specials on these Kuryakyn products recently and maybe still on at the moment. I recently got a pair of Kuryakyn Premium splined footboards and got the adapters from elsewhere a while ago.

Kuryakyn Premium Driver/ Passenger Floorboards (Pair) - Various Cruisers

Specific rear splined passenger boards.
Kuryakyn ISO Folding Passenger Floorboards- Metric Cruisers

See other Kuryakyn options here.
Passenger Floorboards Motorcycle Parts & Accessories

Footpeg Adapters.
Kuryakyn Tapered (T) & Splined (S) Front (F) & Rear (R) Footpeg Adapters R3R (Pair) Part #'s :
TF KY-8840. TR KY-8802, SF KY-8813, SF KY-8815, SR KY-8808

RIVCO options:

Rivco Passenger Floorboards Motorcycle Parts & Accessories

These Emgo - 54-48054 - Mini Floorboards for US$50 may be worth checking out for the price alone and seeing if you can adapt to fit.
Emgo - 54-48054 - Mini Floorboards

Even better US$37 from Amazon
Emgo - 54-48054 - Mini Floorboards
Product Description
  • Die-cast construction with chrome-plating and non-slip rubber matting
  • Replace male clevis mount footpegs; supplementary mounting holes allow floorboards to rotate 15 degrees for the perfect riding position
  • Measure 4in. x 8in.
  • Sold in pairs

41C50uRx%2BVL._SX355_.jpg

More cheap options with a little fettling.
    $43.99 & FREE Shipping

6136KVcim5L._SL1013_.jpg

5178B4E7b9L.jpg

Back