My new Rocket 3 R Black on the way back from Newcastle to The Scottish Borders

Ziggiesden

.020 Over
Ride
Rocket 3 R Black (LE) & Kawasaki Zephyr 550 (1991)
Bike 01.jpg

Nice. I've recently bought one of these too.

Where abouts in the Borders are you from? I'm originally from Annan in Dumfriesshire but am now living in Fife.

Looking forward to trying the Rocket out on the A701 (Leadburn to Moffat road) sometime soon.

Nice. I've recently bought one of these too.

Where abouts in the Borders are you from? I'm originally from Annan in Dumfriesshire but am now living in Fife.

Looking forward to trying the Rocket out on the A701 (Leadburn to Moffat road) sometime soon.
Down near Duns - I went past Annan on the Sleeper at about 5 this morning on the way back from London - I got up quite early and seen the turn off for it whilst trying to take piccys of the sunrise. Small Universe.

Me and some pals went for run to visit the Jim Clark museum at Duns several years back (I was riding a Buell X1 Lightning at the time).

We also visited a derelict race track near by (I forget the name of it but it was in the middle of some farm land). Tempting as it was, it wasn’t in a fit state for riding on!

By the way, passing Annan on the train is the best way. It’s a crap-hole and not worth visiting. Glad I got out when I did!

Back