Pig9r

Living Legend
Anyone have recommendations for a bike cover that is water proof can be put on a hot bike and can be folded up small and is not too pricey. Too much or do I need to compromise somewhere? Anyone have one of the Triumph logo'd covers?

Anyone have recommendations for a bike cover that is water proof can be put on a hot bike and can be folded up small and is not too pricey. Too much or do I need to compromise somewhere? Anyone have one of the Triumph logo'd covers?

Pigger:

The question is how hot? The exhaust side of the R3 will melt or combust any cover if put on immediately.

I have a Triumph cover with the Triumph logo on it that fits the Rock just fine. It has a liner inside, intergral tie downs and the back end is velcro'd so it will go over the Panniers and pipes easily. It was 80 bucks. I also have a cover I got at Menards for 20. While it isn't as thick, it's waterproof and has the tiedowns but no logo and it's blue and silver.

They are both good, both fit the Rock, your choice. Neither, however, will stand the hot exhaust, post ride. It has to cool off a bit or you'll have amess of melted material. I found that out the hard way.

I have a logo'd cover I use (after a cooldown) It's the cover from my Suzuki 1500 Intruder. It fits the Rocket better than it ever fit the Suzuki. Besides it throughs everyone off when you pull the cover.:D I had a half cover for the BMW abnd the Goldwing. it covered the windshield, seat and the tail trunk. just a nylon cover but real light weight and kept the morning dew off off the seat, as well as discouraging tempted hands from seeing the goodies on the dash etc.

Hey pigman, I have been using the EX LRG Touring one from Wally world. For twenty and change they keep the water off, have a paper reinforced muffler and windshield area, that I cut out, since I ride without glass and it leaves a residue. They last a season and you can spray them with scotch guard to keep them water repelant longer if in the sun a lot. Very light and managable. I park mine under an Oak and it keeps the bird and tree poo poo off. ;)

I have one of those 3/4 covers for when I ride to work and can't wait for the bike to cool down...keeps the sun off most of the bike. When I get home I'll see what brand it is.

Back