Battle of the Bobbers

Like the concept always have. Nether are true bobbers. Commercial want to be's. The price on the Truimph i think is ridiculous.

So what to you is a "true" bobber?

To @sonny likely a 50 year old bare-bones naked rattletrap with SAE nuts on SI bolts and a large arc stick, pointing upwards, for a seat . . .
**** Yeah.jpg Neener1.jpg

Last edited:
It is an interesting article. And it seems the Scout is the best bang for the buck. But if I were to buy one, I think I like the look of the Bonnie Bob better. My problems is, they both look so small underneath me.

Yes...this IS the issue...I think thy look ridiculous

Yes...this IS the issue...I think thy look ridiculous

Agree. I saw one at the Seattle Triumph dealership the day I had my Rocket serviced and thought it looked awfully small. I sat on the Scout bobber at the Indian dealership, and while I thought it looked pretty cool, that seat was as hard as a piece of steel, which I believe it was, and it was not comfortable. I suppose if I lost 50 pounds I could fit one of these but that's not going to happen.

Edit: Just found the pic of the Triumph. One would have to be a little feller or a lady to ride this thing. For me it would be a piece of shop art.

Triumph Bobber (1632 x 1224).jpg

Last edited:
Ah, the hidden uni shock. Definitely not traditional but a concession to modern bike design I suppose.

Perhaps it's time for me to turn one of my old 50s Triumphs into a bobber. It would certainly be easy enough to do and a lot cheaper than a restoration.

Back