Battle of the Bobbers

I am so envious -- though I am curious, as this would seem to be too early -- departing from the rule of thumb oysters should only be eaten in months with an 'R'.

I am so envious -- though I am curious, as this would seem to be too early -- departing from the rule of thumb oysters should only be eaten in months with an 'R'.
When they get them in the warm months, they put them in a very cold storage for a few days to kill any bacteria. That did away with the rule of R.

I read this article on line the other day and I must say that I love the bobber style. Bobbers to me are an important part of riding Americana so I'm gratified that they are coming into their own.

While we were going through the absolutely crazy, ugly, non-functional custom Orange County chopper rubbish phase, I longed for the time when we'd go back to our post WW II bobber roots and remember the brave returning combat vets that made these bikes their own.

With that said, I sat on an Indian Scout bobber at the Auburn dealership the night that they debuted the 750 flat tracker, ridden by Brad Baker, and thought it to be horribly uncomfortable for this old timer. Consider that the servicemen who came home from war in 1946 and rode these things were 18-21 years old and I left those days behind oh so many years ago.

Elegant, are they not?

Triumph Bobber.jpg

Pre Unit Springer.jpg

I know some places they must still be f*ckin great at in July ---- China and Japan.;):D:roll::roll::roll::whitstling::whitstling:

When they get them in the warm months, they put them in a very cold storage for a few days to kill any bacteria. That did away with the rule of R.
Your right they did come from cold storage
Not wild though Eastern Shore Farm raised. Thought I'd work my way thru the different varieties they have. Only ate about 40 of them buggers last night :)

Last edited:
Back