First ride of the repaired wreck - Woo!

kazjim

.020 Over
Ride
'07 Riii Touring
Video of the first road test after a major rebuild!

G'day all, a quick reminder - picked up this '07/8 Touring Edition locally from a guy who buys wrecks at the auctions, had been 'slightly bent' in all the wrong places, but I could see some potential in there.

1693615470507.png
Well, I
Finished putting parts back together late last night, filled it with coolant and took it for it's first real spin (not far, it's not registered yet!)

1693615516536.png

2007 plated Triumph Rocket iii 'Touring edition'
Replaced almost everything from steering head forward.
Had triple trees straightened, all bearings replaced, new tyre, brake lines, brake pads, radiator, fan, indicators, headlight, a fair chunk of the wiring harness, and random brackets and bolts.
The real oddball part? the front guard . . . Ali Express - $75 AUD delivered. Steel, and with some slight stretching, a few little spacers and a custom bracket it fits great and looks like it should be there!
About a month from start to finish, 1-2 hours a day.

Still to do:
Registration inspection
Re-paint radiator (I ordered black, but . . . . . )
new radiator grille / custom shroud - will be stainless, powder coated satin black - made by a local sheet metal company.
Seat backrest hole blanking plate (3D printed)
Ride the **** thing :)

Last edited:
You did superb work . Congratulations . Enjoy it as much as you can .
Thanks Bernard, appreciate the feedback, but the real test is yet to come - the first 'big' ride . . probably a few weeks time, my car registration is due next week, and i really don't need two high-performance insurance policies due the same week!!

Looks great!
One suggestion, I would try and find some front and rear crash bars. They won’t help you in a crash but will virtually eliminate any damage if the bike falls over. Also, if you want or need a front windshield? I have a complete set up somewhere in my garage, I may be willing to part with. Although shipping from the USA my be cost prohibitive?

Back