avon tire recall

It's an imp[act break. The rim damaged or not does not determine the facts. Just be glad you got it stopped in time. All these tires are flimsy at best. Have to be to perform as desired. It's all a compromise.

cktire, its not an impact break. The tyre came apart and was sent back to Avon who then recalled the batch of tyres!!!! They told me it had happened three times that they knew about from that batch. So again if anybody has a tyre from the recalled batch then get it changed.

ok bigdoug,
I'm not here to argue. I accept your explaination and warning. You can bet I went out and checked my recently purchased Avons. Mine were made previous.
Cooper Tire, the parent company, clearly stated that the tire that caused the recall was in their test facility under testing procedures.
From my view it looks like an impact. I've adjusted thousands of tires. As I mentioned previously...it would be very rare to fail and have it look like it does.
Has the manufacturer replaced the tire "no charge" and admitted that the tire failed? Not just that it was a tire in the recall batch....but that it actually failed!
I'm curious.
Thanks!
Carl

Avon run around

When I called Avon they told me I'd have to go through a "dealer" to get my tire exchanged. So I left my tire with a "dealer" fully expecting the issue to be resolved when I got back from my two week vaction. When the dealer tried to return the tire he was told that I'd have to send it back to/through the internet store that I had bought it from. Which by the way has not as of yet heard of any recall. Probably my last purchase from Avon.

Back