avon tire recall

markc

Buckkwheat
Ride
07 r3 classic
Avon is recalling the rear tire for the rocket. Size 240/50R16 Cobra.
Date code: 4109 to 4409. My metz has about 10m on it and needs changing. My new cobra has been sitting in the garage for the last month waiting to be installed. I took a trip out to the garage to check the date code on my new tire and what did I find? Date code on my tire: 4209.( date code= 42 nd week of year 2009). Avon said that the new tires would not be available until the week of May17,2010 and that is in Europe. If I had a rear cobra installed in the last 6 months , I would be checking the date code asap. It sounds like Avon is stepping up to the plate and taking care of all charges for tire replacement and installation.

Mark,
Thanks for the info. Do you have the press release? I just discovered the Avon tire I just bought was manufactuurered in "08". Not that big of deal but.....
Most, but not all, recalls are safety related. A couple of car tires were recenty recalled due to the tire marking missing some information.
I wonder why the recall???

avon recall

I found it on the r3owners.com site under BigDoug 7th may,2010 at the home page. It looks like when you go to the home page, upper right corner a box drops down with the title "recent articles". You can click there also.

Impact

Avon is recalling the rear tire for the rocket. Size 240/50R16 Cobra.
Date code: 4109 to 4409. My metz has about 10m on it and needs changing. My new cobra has been sitting in the garage for the last month waiting to be installed. I took a trip out to the garage to check the date code on my new tire and what did I find? Date code on my tire: 4209.( date code= 42 nd week of year 2009). Avon said that the new tires would not be available until the week of May17,2010 and that is in Europe. If I had a rear cobra installed in the last 6 months , I would be checking the date code asap. It sounds like Avon is stepping up to the plate and taking care of all charges for tire replacement and installation.
I SAW the pics of the AVON that failed and the rim was bent at the point of the failure looks like impact damage to me so what are the facts of this incident ????

Art he said it was not bent or damaged it looks like a reflection from the tire to me! I have to go check my date codes on mine.

avon recall

Captains,

If you go to the other site, you can read the e-mails that avon sent to
to BigDoug. I called the shop where i bought my tire, they weren't aware of the recall. The date of BigDoug's posts are 05-07-2010. Avon North America is in Stow, Ohio. I'm near Dayton. I'll be calling them early monday morning to check on this situation.

Back