Avon 140/75x17 front first ride

Just had standard size Avon Cobras fitted to replace the Metz's.
Going from a REALLY worn out set of tyres and comparing them to the new ones is a little unfair.
But, the Avons are fantastic, the chicken strips are narrower too, so the profile must be different.

Maybe next time ill try the smaller front but all feels good as it is.

I love the Avon front!! I went from a still good Metz that was a little cupped to the Avon so it was a much better comparison and it is a big change.

As you say the profile is better so it smoother when rolls off the center and easier partly because of the height change.

As good as the Avon pair are, the ExedraMaX rear and Avon front is really the best setup imho. The stone rear is a hell of a lot better in the wet and cold, in the dry and warm they’re about the same. Unfortunately they don’t make a matching front for us.

When you’ve killed that rear I can’t recommend trying out a stone Max rear enough, allegedly they get better mileage too.

Definitely far superior mileage from the Bridgestone by about 20% in my case.
On average over the last four rear Tyres (Bridgestone) I got 5065 miles.
Metzlers, 4156 miles

Aha!! Someone else who slaughters rear tires lol. Everyone thought I was crazy when I said my Metz only lasted 4K!

Hang on, you lot are getting between 4 and 5k out of a back tyre? Im lucky to see 2000 miles and usually closer to 1500 from the avon on the rear of mine. The front metzeler however, has at least 5000miles on it and still appears to have another few thousand to go.

Yeah, some people get vastly more, I’ve seen claims of 10k+, which I can’t even fathom. Weight heat torque the formula is totally stacked against the rear doughnut.

Aha!! Someone else who slaughters rear tires lol. Everyone thought I was crazy when I said my Metz only lasted 4K!

An earlier one.

A.jpg

Garden ornaments. :D

IMG_1411.JPG

I love the Avon front!! I went from a still good Metz that was a little cupped to the Avon so it was a much better comparison and it is a big change.

As you say the profile is better so it smoother when rolls off the center and easier partly because of the height change.

As good as the Avon pair are, the ExedraMaX rear and Avon front is really the best setup imho. The stone rear is a hell of a lot better in the wet and cold, in the dry and warm they’re about the same. Unfortunately they don’t make a matching front for us.

When you’ve killed that rear I can’t recommend trying out a stone Max rear enough, allegedly they get better mileage too.
The Michelin Scorcher has better traction. One #ell of A front tire. Especially with the max bringing up the rear.

Remember Emax has slightly more distance travelled per rotation so the increased mileage is, in part, attributable to the higher profile

Back