Cutting into the wind screen is not an option. I just hate hate it when mechanics Macgyver an install like the Triumph shop clown did on this. Things are installed correctly or they are not and this is in the not category. The lights are of good quality but just don't belong there. I'll figure something out. Thanks for the link to the spotlights.

And no, the bike didn't come with the spotlights, which surprised me too.

Mike,
Ya might take a gander at these:
Motolight Motorcycle Lights | Auxiliary Motorcycle Lights
Ran a set on my V2K for years and they worked awesome!
Now run a single Clearwater Erica on my R3R:
Erica (Pair)
Which is even better!

Mike,
Ya might take a gander at these:
Motolight Motorcycle Lights | Auxiliary Motorcycle Lights
Ran a set on my V2K for years and they worked awesome!
Now run a single Clearwater Erica on my R3R:
Erica (Pair)
Which is even better!

The lights I have are satisfactory and really light up the road, probably not like the Motolights or Ericas but good enough.

I thought about mounting to the engine guards, or crash bars as we call them, and as was suggested. I will look for some suitable mounts. The problem with them now is that they are pointed just a tad inward and I can't adjust them because of the windscreen. Drilling a hole in the screen won't fix the problem. Whatever I do I want it to look right and well done.

The search continues

Edit: I really ought to do my homework better before asking forum members for help.

Just found these and there are other makers as well. Gads.

PIAA 360 Chrome Universal Mounting Bracket Kit for .75in, 1in, 1.125in & 1.25in Bars | TwistedThrottle.com

Kuryakyn Stainless Steel P-Clamp for Bar Mounts - Auxiliary Lights | LED Light Bars For Trucks | Super Bright LEDs

The PIAAs would be for mounting on the side while the Kurys for mounting on the top of the bars. Or perhaps they might be adjustable. Will look more closely at them.

And by the way Mittzy, that's one bad looking Rocket you have there and the light bar looks great. The owner of DMC Sidecars put had one of those bars on his BMW GSA sidecar rig. They really light up the world.

Edit again: Just ordered the PIAAs so problem solved. They are wired into the aux light switch on the left grip side so I want to keep them. Should they fail it will be easy to replace them with better lights such as the ones Steve suggested.

Thanks guys.

Last edited:
Well I have installed the PIAA light mounts on my crash bars to relocate the Kury lights and now have been searching for a set of the Triumph Touring fog lights without success. Does anyone know if these are still available and if so where they can be purchased?

Thanks. I'll call the dealership on Tuesday but like with the TORs they may no longer be available. The above one did pop up during my web search.

I have searching some the independents such as Cobra for them with no luck. I purchased a number of accessories for my Nomad from Cobra; exhaust, rear rack & light bar, all really nice stuff, but they don't carry anything for Triumph.

Last edited:
Well I have installed the PIAA light mounts on my crash bars to relocate the Kury lights and now have been searching for a set of the Triumph Touring fog lights without success. Does anyone know if these are still available and if so where they can be purchased?

I find it somewhat odd and disturbing that add-on and/or replacement parts seem to be no longer available... it just seems strange. I guess there just isn't the demand.
-MIG

I find it somewhat odd and disturbing that add-on and/or replacement parts seem to be no longer available... it just seems strange. I guess there just isn't the demand.
-MIG

It's been that way Michael and I suppose with the Touring it is because that model will no longer be made. There probably just weren't enough of them for companies like Cobra to supply aftermarket parts for them. When I bought my 09 Touring a few weeks back I knew I'd probably have challenges in finding accessories. Thankfully the previous owner bought just about everything available for it, most of it chrome bits I would not have purchased. I've got my TORs and having the fog lamps would be nice but it's not critical. I'll keep looking and perhaps a set will pop up.

About the only thing I very much want right now is Paul Bryant's cross over pipe.

@Joesmoe
Paul,
Open up the link - there are options for location. Mine were on the front fork caliper bolts. No Clearwaters, but the 50 watt are very good.

Back