Navigator

Living Legend
Ride
2009 Rocket Touring
I note that some Tourings have sidelights, or spotlights as they are sometimes called. The original owner had Kuryakyn auxiliary lights installed on the turn signal bar. He was quite proud of them but as I looked closely at them I noted that they touch the windscreen so they have to go. It's not the place I'd have mounted them but it is done. I'd like to relocate the light but am not quite sure how.

There are many accessory light bars available for dual sport bikes but I can't seem to find one for the Rocket Touring to include a forum search.

Any recommendations will be appreciated. The below pic was taken by me at my friend's home prior to purchase.

Aux Lights.jpg

Will those fit under that bar?

I just took my stock auxiliary lights off today due them not working. The state of Virginia requires all lights, even fog lights to work in order to pass inspection. I like the stock auxiliary lights quite well when they work and once I figure them out will put them back.

Will those fit under that bar?

I just took my stock auxiliary lights off today due them not working. The state of Virginia requires all lights, even fog lights to work in order to pass inspection. I like the stock auxiliary lights quite well when they work and once I figure them out will put them back.

No. I thought of that but they will not. I hate to get rid of them because they were not inexpensive lights. They work just fine but to me are a bit low but because they are touching the windscreen I cannot raise them.

I read your post about getting hammered during the inspection. Thankfully we don't have that crap out here in Washington

Cutting into the wind screen is not an option. I just hate hate it when mechanics Macgyver an install like the Triumph shop clown did on this. Things are installed correctly or they are not and this is in the not category. The lights are of good quality but just don't belong there. I'll figure something out. Thanks for the link to the spotlights.

And no, the bike didn't come with the spotlights, which surprised me too.

The fogs were an option in 2008. I think that in 2009 they were offered as part of a discounted accessory package with the front engine bars, lyggage rack and backrest. they than became standard

The fogs were an option in 2008. I think that in 2009 they were offered as part of a discounted accessory package with the front engine bars, lyggage rack and backrest. they than became standard

With my friend price was no issue. He bought the bike and let it sit at the dealership awaiting delivery and installation of every option available for the bike. I do recall him telling me that he didn't like fog lights, which I do, so ordered the Kuyer lights.

Hopefully I can purchase a light bar separately.

If the lights are spots with a narrowish beam - mount them on the engine bars.

I have ( :whitstling: ) some (fetish?) experience mounting lights in varying positions. Long range narrow beam lights work (imo) better on the more stable platform of the chassis. Fogs work better attached to the forks at lower yoke or higher.

The better option would be fit an ADAPTIVE headlight - then honestly you wont need the spots.
Unless of course you are me in which case you want to blast the worlds with loadsa lumens :oops:

Back