Anyone have A9638031 oval mirrors on their R3T?

I could not tell they were convex until I replaced one side with a flat one. I kept it as long as I could stand it, seemed any car that stopped behind me was right on my butt. Still had the other side i could see farther back, but finally caved and replaced both sides at once.

OVAL STYLE MIRRORS - SOLID STEM A9638031

upload_2020-2-25_16-41-25.png

I only have the Drilled stem Chrome A9638032 or Black Solid stem A9638084 in OVALs, still just Au$140 (US$92.50) a pair + postage Au$20 in Australia and Au$45 (US$30) or there abouts to the USA.

OVAL STYLE MIRRORS - DRILLED STEM A9638032

upload_2020-2-25_16-42-15.png

OVAL STYLE MIRRORS - BLACK SOLID STEM A9638084
A9638084.jpg

There are OTHER SIMILAR Triumph shorter and steeper angled stems that came with later Water Cooled Triumph Street Twin and 1200cc Bonneville. Does Not Fit Air Cooled models (pre 2016) or 1200cc Thruxton

Au$242.85
TRIUMPH GENUINE MIRROR PAIR - OVAL BLACK A9638165

Triumph Genuine Mirror Pair - Oval Black - Peter Stevens Motorcycles
a9638165.jpg

I have the black non drilled version and the mirror moves a bit at higher speeds, anyone else have this issue?
If it is the mirror head or stem mount that is moving they can be tightened. If the mirror itself is movong inside the outer shell it is likely a loosening or incorrect manufacture process with the locating / fixing points of the mirror. @ozrider had one go like that and was able to prise to carefully get a thin blade under the mirror edge and gently prise the mirror off.
He found they were glued at 3 or 4 points with a dob of standard yellow hot-gun glue to the mounts inside and one of the mounts had broken or been incorrectly attached at factory and detached. He fixed and then re-glued the mirror on and it works fine I believe.

To remove the mirror itself pry/lever GENTLY with a thin blade but this will be MUCH easier with GENTLE heat from a hairdryer on the mirror glass first to soften the hot glue.

If it is the mirror head or stem mount that is moving they can be tightened. If the mirror itself is movong inside the outer shell it is likely a loosening or incorrect manufacture process with the locating / fixing points of the mirror. @ozrider had one go like that and was able to prise to carefully get a thin blade under the mirror edge and gently prise the mirror off.
He found they were glued at 3 or 4 points with a dob of standard yellow hot-gun glue to the mounts inside and one of the mounts had broken or been incorrectly attached at factory and detached. He fixed and then re-glued the mirror on and it works fine I believe.

To remove the mirror itself pry/lever GENTLY with a thin blade but this will be MUCH easier with GENTLE heat from a hairdryer on the mirror glass first to soften the hot glue.

Thanks for that info. I think I'll try that on my old one.
Too bad you can't buy just the glass, though. My left one cracked, so I replaced them both.

Last edited:

Thanks for that

Thanks for that info. I think I'll try that on my old one.
Too bad you can't buy just the glass, though. My left one cracked, so I replaced them both.

I have replaced the mirror glass on my last set of mirrors, just did a pattern of the shape and took it to a glass shop and they cut them to suit.

here is the inside of the mirror head,it was loose and you can see one of the mount points was peened over to tight and pulled through the clamp, I drilled and tapped it and put a buttonhead capscrew in to hold it in place and put tension on mounting ball.

Mirror head R3.jpg

Back