Anybody got an idea of What Windshield??

TheKid

Top Fuel
Ride
2007 Rocket III Standard /2010 R3T
I have a 2007 Standard two headlight. I bought the fixing kit, 4 pieces to mount the windshield to the bike. My question is which windshield to use. Some say it is a quick disconnect for a Tourer, and some say Roadster. I believe they are referring to a two headlight Tourer, not a Touring. What is the best for my bike? I also like a larger windshield, not for speed, just wind and rain protection. Here are the numbers...
A9740049, A9708113 and A9708111.
I mainly need the framework, doesn't matter the condition of the screen. I'll take whatever I can get, new or used. Any and all help appreciated,
Thanks

I got it...I think. Ordered from Pandora in Chattanooga. Jeremiah seems to know alot about his inventory. I also ordered another fixing kit, as some of the brackets fell off on the test ride. You'll have that. just glad that no bolts or washers went into the open throttle bodies....Probably won't do that again.....yeah right

I have a 2007 Standard two headlight. I bought the fixing kit, 4 pieces to mount the windshield to the bike. My question is which windshield to use. Some say it is a quick disconnect for a Tourer, and some say Roadster. I believe they are referring to a two headlight Tourer, not a Touring. What is the best for my bike? I also like a larger windshield, not for speed, just wind and rain protection. Here are the numbers...
A9740049, A9708113 and A9708111.
I mainly need the framework, doesn't matter the condition of the screen. I'll take whatever I can get, new or used. Any and all help appreciated,
Thanks

Not sure what you are asking for but I'll just mention that I installed a ClearView Shield for my 2006 Classic and rode 150 miles yesterday with it installed. It is clear, vented, re-curve type and 2 inches wider than the standard, 23" high because the standard Triumph shield that came with the bike is 20" and way too short for my 6'3" fat body. Anyway, I was surprised with the amount of wind blast I was getting from underneath the shield .....annoying and started to think I would need wings or a damper or something to cut down on this hurricane that was blowing my chin whiskers up my nose..... but later in the day I opened my vent to the 2nd of 5 positions and that calmed the wind down to a gentle soothing breeze......really, do not know why, but I am guessing it has something to do with equalizing the pressure coming under and over the shield and thereby cancelling out the wind tunnel I was experiencing.

VR

Make sure the cut-outs are as close as possible to the headlights.
Never had this issue with my Clearwater or the 7Jurrock, which I feel is better.
Curious - do you ride without a helmet? If not, which type?

I ordered from Pandora, a A2307498, windshield plus another fixing kit, A9738051. I hope it works. It seems the Clearview is a good shield, however I needed all the brackets. By the way, the bike ran great with the PCV and a pipe

I ordered from Pandora, a A2307498, windshield plus another fixing kit, A9738051. I hope it works. It seems the Clearview is a good shield, however I needed all the brackets. By the way, the bike ran great with the PCV and a pipe

Curious how'd that PCV and pipe block the wind for ya? :eek: :rolleyes: :roll: :p

+1 for Pandora's. They have helped me a few times. And Clearview. I ordered the 25" job, extra wide, with the recurve. When it was ready, they sent me an email saying it had a very small scratch near the top edge, and offered a discount, or would make up another. I took the discount, and can't even see the scratch!

Back