depthsounder

Standard Bore
Ride
2018 Harley Fat Bob
I am trying to swap a R3 engine into a 1969 Triumph spitfire and the only person I could find online that posted pictures of this swap sadly passed away last year.
These are his pictures and the only ones I could find online. It looks like the valve cover won't clear the hood, and I'd like to try to confirm that before sinking a lot of money into the project.

Can anyone measure the marked up dimensions?

Thank you!
David
frontdimensionssmall.png
sidedimensionssmall.png

P7140347.JPG
P6140337.JPG
PA290425.JPG

Attachments

• frontdimensions.png
    frontdimensions.png
    420 KB · Views: 7
  • sidedimensions.png
    sidedimensions.png
    462.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I am trying to swap a R3 engine into a 1969 Triumph spitfire and the only person I could find online that posted pictures of this swap sadly passed away last year.
These are his pictures and the only ones I could find online. It looks like the valve cover won't clear the hood, and I'd like to try to confirm that before sinking a lot of money into the project.

Can anyone measure the marked up dimensions?

Thank you!
David
frontdimensionssmall.png
sidedimensionssmall.png

P7140347.JPG
P6140337.JPG
PA290425.JPG

what will you do for reverse?

what will you do for reverse?
I have a few options, one is a reversing box by Quaife, it's kind of expensive at $1400 but is advertised for exactly this purpose. The other option is to keep the spitfire transmission, the bellhousing is removable and I could add a yoke directly to the input shaft. I'd then have 20 possible forward gear combinations lol.

Back