The engine turns off when changing gear

EBOLA

Standard Bore
Ride
Rocket 3R
Hi everyone. Happy owner of a 2023 Rocket 3R with 900km on it today, I have a problem. The engine occasionally and suddenly switches off when changing gear, therefore with the throttle at 0 and the clutch pulled. Can anyone tell me something about it? The Triumph workshop told me that for the first KM it is completely normal as lubricants are present in the engine to be changed from the oil which will be definitive and the phenomenon would have run out on its own. It all seems like nonsense to me also because if I don't notice the engine stopping when the clutch is released the rear wheel skids with a relative loss of grip... Thanks, Mario

I would say, it's not normal.
There is a microswitch on the clutch lever. It's a safety feature so that you can't accidently start the engine if the bike is in gear.
I think that switch, or the connectors/terminals to the switch are maybe loose. Sometimes they can be affected when washing & drying the bike.
Check the connectors are fully connected to the microswitch.

Just clocked up the first 1000km on my GT and hasn’t stopped once. I have another issue though which I seeing if there is already a thread on; essentially when throttling up slightly, engine revs drops momentarily which is a bit scary when accelerating slightly out of a corner.

WELCOME! to our R3 Family Forum... Hopefully you get this sorted out quickly... then we need photos! ;)
-MIG

Hi everyone. Happy owner of a 2023 Rocket 3R with 900km on it today, I have a problem. The engine occasionally and suddenly switches off when changing gear, therefore with the throttle at 0 and the clutch pulled. Can anyone tell me something about it? The Triumph workshop told me that for the first KM it is completely normal as lubricants are present in the engine to be changed from the oil which will be definitive and the phenomenon would have run out on its own. It all seems like nonsense to me also because if I don't notice the engine stopping when the clutch is released the rear wheel skids with a relative loss of grip... Thanks, Mario
can you confirm if it turns off the engine and the ignition remains on while you pull the clutch in and start coasting the bike to lets say a red light or stop sign etc.

I don't know much about the quick-shifter system in the new Rockets. Does the quick-shifter function cut the ignition briefly to accomplish the shift? If it does maybe a fault in that system could be the cause.
I met a new rider today who traded his '15 R3T for 2020 R3. He had the quick shifter and he told me it cut power to the engine during a shift without you rolling off of the throttle. I can't speak from experience though.
-MIG

Back