Bummed out days before inspection for registration of my R3T

MtlSteve

.040 Over
Ride
2014 R3T
Good day group. Took my R3T for it's last pre-inspection ride to ensure everything works. Everything was perfect. So tonight after dinner I went to load her in the trailer (because they are calling for snow inspection day here) and as I started her up I noticed the fuel gauge no longer works. Everything else works, lights, clutch, flashers, horn. No idea why, I did NOTHING but shut her off. Ideas group?

Maybe the sender was loose? How long did you have it started? I had a few times when I thought the fuel gauge had stopped working, but either the fuel level or the computer was getting confused (though the computer isn’t directly tied to fuel gauge on R3T) because the gauge worked just fine but was delayed.

Maybe the sender was loose? How long did you have it started? I had a few times when I thought the fuel gauge had stopped working, but either the fuel level or the computer was getting confused (though the computer isn’t directly tied to fuel gauge on R3T) because the gauge worked just fine but was delayed.
It was running for over 5 mins. Usually as soon as I would turn on the ignition it would register immediately. Went out a few more times, woukd start her up, check all the electricals were working (horn, signals, hi/low beams, stand up and down in case there may be something there, pulled the clutch in and out, cycled through every position on the key, put it in gear, out of gear. Nothing. The tank os full (I can see the fuel) and on start up the fuel low light goes on and off along with many other lights. I am at a loss.

Good day group. Took my R3T for it's last pre-inspection ride to ensure everything works. Everything was perfect. So tonight after dinner I went to load her in the trailer (because they are calling for snow inspection day here) and as I started her up I noticed the fuel gauge no longer works. Everything else works, lights, clutch, flashers, horn. No idea why, I did NOTHING but shut her off. Ideas group?

See if she'll start without pulling in the clutch- yes? Not supposed to. That means the clutch switch is not working properly- you may be able to fix it or replace the switch. That switch controls a whole lot of things, one of which is the gas level. Strange, but absolutely true.

You can find photos of the switch apart here and the discussion where I figured this out some years ago on my Roadster....

See if she'll start without pulling in the clutch- yes? Not supposed to. That means the clutch switch is not working properly- you may be able to fix it or replace the switch. That switch controls a whole lot of things, one of which is the gas level. Strange, but absolutely true.

You can find photos of the switch apart here and the discussion where I figured this out some years ago on my Roadster....
Thanks for the info, will try then read through if she starts without clutch pulled in

Just went out and tried to start without clutch engaged, did not start. Pulled in the clutch and she started right up. I will try riding it for a period and see if the gauge comes to life or not

Sweet happiness thanks to the group, unstrapped from the trailer, took her out and rode swaying side to side and.....SWEET. All good!

Attachments

• 20240316_141250.jpg
    20240316_141250.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 5
Back