Any "must do" mods?

Here it is...its made to just bolt in to the exact spot the cat box came out of......you can see the cat box (photo 6) and also my cobbers exhaust (photo 7 ) built by the same guys but previous to mine.His is noisier and more difficult to build due to all the bends.
The cat box weighs 10 kgs.

Attachments

• 20201030_131941.jpg
    20201030_131941.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 125
  • 20201030_121033.jpg
    20201030_121033.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 118
  • 20201030_115006.jpg
    20201030_115006.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 118
  • 20201030_131956.jpg
    20201030_131956.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 114
  • 20201030_131952.jpg
    20201030_131952.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 117
  • 118690783_10158078148139735_2672419709686488250_o.jpg
    118690783_10158078148139735_2672419709686488250_o.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 119
  • 119084291_1050518488709949_6181505458318396500_n.jpg
    119084291_1050518488709949_6181505458318396500_n.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 119
I JUST FINISHED A 3500 Miles on my 2020 R3 GT.
I am 5'9 and 190LBS.
PROS:
Fantastic power
comfortable enough for a long trip (see CONS)
Very agile and maneuverable
EXCELLENT in heavy rain (600 Miles under heavy rain)
Everyone stops to see it in gas stations and restaurants
Trouble free trip
Amazing stock sound
Descent mileage
GREAT LOOKING BIKE (unique TO EVERYONE)

CONS:
Terrible gas tank design (fuel will spill every time) or you CANNOT fuel to the top BECAUSE of the flat tank
BAD wind protection (even though I have a KOMPOSITE larger screen)
Seat is HARD even after break-in
TERRIBLE or completely useless HORN
Gas mileage 165 Miles MAX before refuel (depending on riding style)

YOU MUST HAVE FOR LONG TRIPS:
A much better wind screen (a lot of noise in your ears) I literally had 2 days in both ways with buzzing ears.
You need a MUCH BETTER horn (still looking for someone to let me know what and how to install an efficient HORN please any inputs?)
A more comfortable seat
You must adjust the damp on the rear suspension for SOFTER

Yes, having ridden so many different bikes, I say it is an amazing ROCKET, completely worth it and able bike.
I really loved it and will continue riding long distances.

I am 5'9 and 190LBS.
PROS:
Fantastic power
Trouble free trip
Amazing stock sound
Descent mileage

CONS:
Terrible gas tank design (fuel will spill every time) or you CANNOT fuel to the top BECAUSE of the flat tank

A much better wind screen (a lot of noise in your ears) I literally had 2 days in both ways with buzzing ears.
You need a MUCH BETTER horn (still looking for someone to let me know what and how to install an efficient HORN please any inputs?)
A more comfortable seat

Yes, having ridden so many different bikes, I say it is an amazing ROCKET, completely worth it and able bike.
Great info! I've been using an airhawk so far and like it. The only other seat option right now is Corbin, they look great and i'm willing to pay the cost, but there are some NIGHTMARE reviews. So i'm not sure if i want to take that plunge. 100% agree on the gas tank, can never fill it up. Maybe if you have someone with you to upright the bike, but that's rare. I've seen people add the soundbomb mini, which i am purchasing. They said you just need to bend the mount to fit in where the stock horn is. Depeding on weather, I am planning on riding up to Maine at the end of May and hope to have the small cons taken care of. But YES been getting compliments everwhere i go!

The Denali Sound Bomb Mini fits where the stock horn goes. If you search for it on this forum you'll see pictures of it installed. Plug and play with the stock connectors. Sounds MUCH better and is louder. Keep in mind there are a couple of sounds bombs, one is a larger 2 piece design with a compressor which doesn't fit in the stock location. The mini fits stock. Here is an amazon link to what I purchased. Just had to bend the bracket that comes with it to get it to fit down in the stock location.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B081S81BY5/

The Denali Sound Bomb Mini fits where the stock horn goes. If you search for it on this forum you'll see pictures of it installed. Plug and play with the stock connectors. Sounds MUCH better and is louder. Keep in mind there are a couple of sounds bombs, one is a larger 2 piece design with a compressor which doesn't fit in the stock location. The mini fits stock. Here is an amazon link to what I purchased. Just had to bend the bracket that comes with it to get it to fit down in the stock location.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B081S81BY5/
Thanks purchased that one!

I am 5'9 and 190LBS.
PROS:
Fantastic power
Trouble free trip
Amazing stock sound
Descent mileage

CONS:

A more comfortable seat

Great summary. Agree with all points. I am working on the sound bomb split install location once I find a place I am happy with I will report back. The sound bomb (not mini) is so loud that it will make your ears ring if not wearing a helmet within ten feet. I think if the cat box is removed and a bracket designed that’s the best spot for it. Bike sounds much meaner with after market pipe and no box (I have comp Werks but some don’t love the look). For a screen I got Puig with the clip on spoiler and it reduced wind noise compared to no screen by 85% based on my 6’2” frame and to my ears.

Great summary. Agree with all points. I am working on the sound bomb split install location once I find a place I am happy with I will report back. The sound bomb (not mini) is so loud that it will make your ears ring if not wearing a helmet within ten feet. I think if the cat box is removed and a bracket designed that’s the best spot for it. Bike sounds much meaner with after market pipe and no box (I have comp Werks but some don’t love the look). For a screen I got Puig with the clip on spoiler and it reduced wind noise compared to no screen by 85% based on my 6’2” frame and to my ears.
I'm still torn on exhaust. I want to hear them in person before making a decision on that. I think I'm going to get the Puig clip on spoiler to use in combination with the Cali Sci windshield I have for long highway trips.

Great info! I've been using an airhawk so far and like it. The only other seat option right now is Corbin, they look great and i'm willing to pay the cost, but there are some NIGHTMARE reviews. So i'm not sure if i want to take that plunge. 100% agree on the gas tank, can never fill it up. Maybe if you have someone with you to upright the bike, but that's rare. I've seen people add the soundbomb mini, which i am purchasing. They said you just need to bend the mount to fit in where the stock horn is. Depeding on weather, I am planning on riding up to Maine at the end of May and hope to have the small cons taken care of. But YES been getting compliments everwhere i go!
I find the stock seat the most comfortable of any bike I have ever had. Very comfortable on long rides. But I think the same seat can be comfortable for one person and terrible for the next depending on your particular ass.

I find the stock seat the most comfortable of any bike I have ever had. Very comfortable on long rides. But I think the same seat can be comfortable for one person and terrible for the next depending on your particular ass.
I would like to compare GT to R seat. I am a short distance rider for the most part and have zero complaints for the R. My daughter rides on the back and said that seat could use some work. Also I need to get the back rest.

Back