Any "must do" mods?

IMG_9174.JPG
Union Jack looks sweet although my imagination runs wild sometimes and the Triumph badge a giant failure. Just placed it on for fun and a pic. A decent windshield for me is the Powerbronze although it's not a whole lot better than the OEM. It works for me though.
I like that badge but that picture shows it on the wrong side. That badge is meant for the left side of the tank. Maybe that's why it's a failure.

Yes remove the baffles is a good idea. Man that is the first thing i would do with a new bike.
These bikes dont have baffles as such...in fact those mufflers arent mufflers but look alike mufflers. The sound control comes from the cat box under the bike then the gases/noise travels from there thru the pipes which exit thru the "mufflers". I had my cat box removed...10kilos of it!, and had a boom box built and installed. much better noise and performance.

These bikes dont have baffles as such...in fact those mufflers arent mufflers but look alike mufflers. The sound control comes from the cat box under the bike then the gases/noise travels from there thru the pipes which exit thru the "mufflers". I had my cat box removed...10kilos of it!, and had a boom box built and installed. much better noise and performance.
Ah, good info. Was that a custom job?

Boom box? Please explain

Ah, good info. Was that a custom job?
Yes it was...built for me by a custom exhaust shop.
Boom box? Please explain
The term 'Boombox' is basically that...its a box with the pipes running thu ...back and forward or side to side with holes in the pipes. The box acts as a muffler. There can be deflectors added into the pipes to quieten the straight thru sound...or not! as you prefer. A good exhaust guy will understand how to do this. The old cat box just unbolts and this new one was made to go straight back into the fittings....Mine still has the churn of the triples where my cobbers 'R' model has a deeper thump which can pound in your helmet if too loud on long rides.

Yes it was...built for me by a custom exhaust shop.

The term 'Boombox' is basically that...its a box with the pipes running thu ...back and forward or side to side with holes in the pipes. The box acts as a muffler. There can be deflectors added into the pipes to quieten the straight thru sound...or not! as you prefer. A good exhaust guy will understand how to do this. The old cat box just unbolts and this new one was made to go straight back into the fittings....Mine still has the churn of the triples where my cobbers 'R' model has a deeper thump which can pound in your helmet if too loud on long rides.
That’s really cool. I would love a deeper tone. My bike with comp werks just sounds so much like a very angry piston airplane. It’s more or less a straight pipe there is very little going on inside the comp Werks pipe in terms of sound tuning. I have Akraoivic in my BMW and it’s clear that a lot went into the tone of the pipe in addition to looks and raw HP. I did gain 7hp with the Comp Werks but if I am being honest I do not love the sound.

FWIW...My guy...or guys who built my exhaust system have alot of experience with race bikes over the years and have a very good understanding of flow..resonance etc...i could spend the whole day just watching and listening to their wisdom...its great. I have learned to trust there decisions in ideas of the build...they do a fantastic job and are clearly 'into' their work...happy buggers both of them and full of pride in their work too. I will be visiting them again soon.
If you want to see photos of their work..go to facebook...Davinci Steelcraft.. Corey Taylor and James from James Lee design.

Last edited:
Back