Any "must do" mods?

I noticed the heat on my right leg area on my GT when I had the forward controls. It was most noticeable at slow speeds traffic light to traffic light in my right calf area. It was noticeable but not horrible. This may be due to the colder weather. Now that I have the pegs in the rear position I only notice the heat during stops and it's not too bad. I'm sure when it hits 100 here in a few months I will need to update my opinions but for now the pegs set back are much better for less heat than the forward controls.
I guess pegs forward are better for taller riders. I am 6'1 and quite heavy build so I suspect those pegs will have to go forward ( by the way is it difficult to change their position?) . So I will have to look into insolation tricks.

I have a a 2014 Roadster with a Viking pipe on it, you want to see what a hot pipe is come on over. 😅

Sort the suspension! There is a video here somewhere on the forum and I followed those settings (it was like watching those two old fellas in the balcony in the muppets :) )
Joking aside, their settings were spot on.

Sort the suspension! There is a video here somewhere on the forum and I followed those settings (it was like watching those two old fellas in the balcony in the muppets :) )
Thanks, i'll take a look for that. I noticed that this bike does NOT like any bumps so far.

Please share. The suspension is not great for me. Too firm and bit jumpy on imperfect roads.

This is the one I watched;
Very helpful!! Wow can’t believe it comes from the factory with minimum preload. I agree front forks are way too hard. Thanks so much for the share. Def feel the suspension needs a bit of work this will help me get started.

Back