Any "must do" mods?

I just bought the full sound bomb split kit with wiring harness. Will report back. Was embarrassed by the horn and wanted to scare the children and animals more.
Definitely let me know how that is and where you installed it. Was checking that out tomorrow!

Is the sound bomb plug and play?
Definitely let me know how that is and where you installed it. Was checking that out tomorrow!
I scouted out a spot where the cat box was. Even has a little bracket. I am going to put the compressor next to the battery. Just based on decibel reading this horn is going to get me in trouble hahahahaha

I scouted out a spot where the cat box was. Even has a little bracket. I am going to put the compressor next to the battery. Just based on decibel reading this horn is going to get me in trouble hahahahaha
Awesome, post up some pics when you're done!

USB power adapter kit from factory. Need to purchase Hella DIN power kit for it. Available online. Its mounted just below the head unit by the dealer. I guess if you are capable you can DIY. Comes in handy for cell phone mounted on handle bars, quick charging GoPro units, etc.

USB power adapter kit from factory. Need to purchase Hella DIN power kit for it. Available online. Its mounted just below the head unit by the dealer. I guess if you are capable you can DIY. Comes in handy for cell phone mounted on handle bars, quick charging GoPro units, etc.
I actually have mine saved from the tiger I traded in!

Hey All!

Just brought home my Rocket GT yesterday, love it so far (except for getting destroyed on the highway, but i have a windshield on order). Are there any "must do" quality of life mods? For instance, when i had my VRod, just about everyone upgraded to a K&N, removed the baffles from the exhaust for a better sound, etc.. Any common trends with this bike?

Thanks!

Lou
PXL_20210408_214429070.jpg
Yes remove the baffles is a good idea. Man that is the first thing i would do with a new bike.

There are not many motor mods available for the new Triumph. The previous generation Rocket has been highly modified by many members here but the new ECU and throttle by wire presents a few problems. There are some tunes that have recently become available but might give you warranty issues.

Yes remove the baffles is a good idea. Man that is the first thing i would do with a new bike.
I know you're being sarcastic, but it wasn't done without getting a proper tune. Was a very popular mod amongst that group. We didn't just rip out the baffles and go on our way. Kind of uncalled for.

Last edited:
I know you're being sarcastic, but it wasn't done without getting a proper tune. Was a very popular mod amongst that group. We didn't just rip out the baffles and go on our way.
I came from the Harley world myself and moved to the new Indians and discovered there are other nice bike out there besides the Harley Davidson line. 😂
Then I tried a Rocket and boy am I glad. I have found that nobody modifies like Harley owners. Honestly the new Rockets are pretty good out of the box and I’m kind over the loud stuff. I hear the new tunes do allow more fuel than the stock maps that chop fuel pretty early at higher speeds in the top gears.

Full disclosure I do own a loud modified older Roadster so I still have one loud vulgar Rocket.:sneaky:

Back