Any "must do" mods?

I came from the Harley world myself and moved to the new Indians and discovered there are other nice bike out there besides the Harley Davidson line. 😂
Then I tried a Rocket and boy am I glad. I have found that nobody modifies like Harley owners. Honestly the new Rockets are pretty good out of the box and I’m kind over the loud stuff. I hear the new tunes do allow more fuel than the stock maps that chop fuel pretty early at higher speeds in the top gears.

Full disclosure I do own a loud modified older Roadster so I still have one loud vulgar Rocket.:sneaky:
Yeah, was just asking. The VRod people did a bunch of crap, some good, some bad, so I was just curious. I don't like obnoxiously loud pipes, but a little throatier growl never hurts anyone. I figured this bike was good out of the box, but people always find a way to make things better! Thanks for not condescending me!

Yeah, was just asking. The VRod people did a bunch of crap, some good, some bad, so I was just curious. I don't like obnoxiously loud pipes, but a little throatier growl never hurts anyone. I figured this bike was good out of the box, but people always find a way to make things better! Thanks for not condescending me!
Bah, don't see much of that on this forum. Good group of folks. Lots of passionate folks, but jerks are rare.

Heat insolation inside the engine pipe covers?
And just to be clear I do not own a new R3 yet. waiting for the delivery of the limited version but I am very interested in the topic 👍

Only a few hundred miles on mine so far but I don't really notice the heat from the exhaust even when in stop and go traffic. Double wall tubing and heat shielding seems to work really well.
I didn't mean exhaust pipes. I meant engine pipes. Seen some insolation tricks to the heat shields. They seem to be getting very hot during longer trips and burning some calves ;-(

I didn't mean exhaust pipes. I meant engine pipes. Seen some insulation tricks to the heat shields. They seem to be getting very hot during longer trips and burning some calves ;-(
I think we are talking about the same thing. Here is what I was referencing.
1618069335370.png

I noticed the heat on my right leg area on my GT when I had the forward controls. It was most noticeable at slow speeds traffic light to traffic light in my right calf area. It was noticeable but not horrible. This may be due to the colder weather. Now that I have the pegs in the rear position I only notice the heat during stops and it's not too bad. I'm sure when it hits 100 here in a few months I will need to update my opinions but for now the pegs set back are much better for less heat than the forward controls.

Back