ANOTHER TRIP FOR THE ROCKET

I just left vegas this week. I rode some things I haven't ridden before. Red canyon, was bad but I was impressed with ride from valley of fire to hoover dam. Nice stuff out there. I'm in denver area. If close you need to ride mt evans ( if open) or give me a shout. Good riding!!
We do have some nice places to ride if you are here when its not to hot. I will remember if we get near Denver. Thanks Dave

Just want to say thanks for the many on here that would like to meet. I am on a tighter schedule than I like so I might not have the extra time to meet anyone. I would like to have a little more open schedule and meet all of you who offered. We are leaving in a few days, the excitement builds. I checked the weather for the next ten days in the places we are going and its great. This should be a nice trip. I got run over by a guy a couple of years ago on my Boss Hoss but was not hurt to bad. I ended up buying the Rocket while the Hoss was being repaired (took Six months) and riding it with my hand still torn up. It turned out to be good therapy for the hand working the clutch. At first I could only ride about 15 minutes if I had to work the clutch but it made my hand strong. No feeling in it on the top of my hand even today. If I still smoked I could put cigarettes out on the top of my hand. In any case it turned out to be alright because I bought the Rocket and still really like it. This will be its second decent trip as we rode it to Reno and Oregon last year. This time we will do it again and add a few more states. Here is a picture of my hand after it was good enough to ride with.
HAND.JPG

Last edited:
When you get close to Oklahoma let me know. We might be able to get together

We just got to Oregon at our friends house tonight, probably her for two or three days. Stayed in Gardenerville NV last night at another friends house. Bike ha been running perfectly. We cruise at 80 to 90 mph out here on hi way 5 and it runs like an electric motor. We rode a little over twelve hundred miles in two days, its a great touring bike.

We just got to Oregon at our friends house tonight, probably her for two or three days. Stayed in Gardenerville NV last night at another friends house. Bike ha been running perfectly. We cruise at 80 to 90 mph out here on hi way 5 and it runs like an electric motor. We rode a little over twelve hundred miles in two days, its a great touring bike.
Don't you get vibration in handlebars/ mirtors at 80 and above?

Don't you get vibration in handlebars/ mirtors at 80 and above?

Maybe I got lucky but our bike has no vibrations at any speed that I feel or that vibrates the mirrors. I have the McCruise cruise control and sometimes just set it at 90 mph for many miles and the bike is so smooth that I am amazed, I wish it had a tach as I have no idea what rpm's it is turning. It used no oil and got close to 39 mpg consistently. I used both 89 and 87 octane and could not tell any difference. We did not go to Colorado or Oklahoma due to weather I did not like in both places. We still had a great ride even though it was cut short. I know I'm preaching to the quire on this site but in my opinion the RT3 TOURING is a great bike for doing what the name says. We put new front and rear tires on the bike at Freedom Cycle in Reno. It cost me five hundred and twenty three dollars total and they washed the bike and greased the splines. The original tires had almost 8000 miles on them. The front was starting to "CUP." This time I went with the same sizes in BRIDGESTONES. They were less money and I heard they last longer, we will see. They felt great thru the twisties. We almost hit a deer at about 75 mph. The signs say watch for deer but there really isn't much you can do, this one was in front of me before I ever saw it and we just missed it. The bad part of riding in the beautiful country is that deer also live there. I always thought they slept during the day but it was 1 o'clock when this one ran in front of us. Also we came across some cows with one standing in the road on hi way 168 out of Bishop Ca leading to Beatty Nevada. It did not ever move so I just rode right past it within three feet of it as it looked at me at about 5mph. All in all it was a great trip.

My wife took many pictures but mostly of the people we visited, I will ask her and see if she has some of the bikes and the roads.

Back