Amplink - Anybody using one?

I was looking for a PDM60 and saw that Rowe have come out with a bluetooth configurable device called Amplink. Anybody using one? Pros? Cons? Amplink | Rowe Electronics
Blue-tooth worries me a bit - but it wont be common enough for people to find. But the rest seems only to be pros. Nowhere over here sells them or I'd probably have bought one by now. Bloody import taxes etc.

No - wait - just found them in the UK. Hmmmmm.

Last edited:
I was looking for a PDM60 and saw that Rowe have come out with a bluetooth configurable device called Amplink. Anybody using one? Pros? Cons?

Amplink | Rowe Electronics

I have it installed on my bike. No problems so far and I love the bluetooth feature. I'll have to go back a read my post to see what all I said about it.

Blue-tooth worries me a bit - but it wont be common enough for people to find. But the rest seems only to be pros. Nowhere over here sells them or I'd probably have bought one by now. Bloody import taxes etc.

No - wait - just found them in the UK. Hmmmmm.

Bluetooth has been around for quite some time. I don't think I have ever had bluetooth communication fail on a device. It is sure easier to set things up and make changes with the bluetooth feature.

Bluetooth has been around for quite some time. I don't think I have ever had bluetooth communication fail on a device. It is sure easier to set things up and make changes with the bluetooth feature.
That's NOT what worries me. Bluetooth is fairly easy to hack. My concern would be that some twat connects and modifies it.
Still, as it is now available this side of the pond - it is under consideration.

As somebody already has commented - Motogadget does a similar control unit. m.unit blue. Now, personally I think using this would be a challenge, as it would require a shed load more thought. But it can do stuff that the Rowe box cannot.

For a start you could get running lights in the indicators. Automatic hazard flashers, flashing brake. A lot more granularity for switching. And if you want those functions - it works out MUCH cheaper than buying all the itty bitty things from all over the shop - and it's one box. But they would all have to be earthing switches or ON WITH IGNITION. I have a non-bluetooth version of the m.unit in my Guzzi. pro's and con's to both.

I'm simply looking for something to run accessories on a '17 Tiger Explorer XRT without hacking into the stock wiring harness. Heated gear, charging block for the top box, GPS, phone, etc. I'm a newby on the Explorer and don't want to mess anything up. Once set up I won't be changing the settings on the unit, but I like the ease of configuring via bluetooth instead of messing with the cable on the PDM60. Since I will never have a passenger that needs the heated pillion I have considered using that circuit, but it makes me a bit nervous.

but I like the ease of configuring via bluetooth instead of messing with the cable on the PDM60.
With you there - that was in fact a probbie (imo) with the pdm60. You cannot revise settings.

May well order an Amplink for delivery to my mum's place or for delivery here after my UK trip.

Back