Amplink - Anybody using one?

My oldest one must be the same age, I remember the first APP they issued had problems and they had to redo it. If I was you I'd give your one a good leaving alone. Would be interesting if you contacted them for advice though. They have a form on their website, you could mention a fellow biker on the forum has had failures caused by the APP and you were worried that connecting to it could cause you problems, mention be by name if you want, I've kept all the email conversations. The reply could be very enlightening. I'm lucky/unlucky, depending on how you view it, if I had only one Amplink I couldn't have proved that it was the APP that was the problem.
I have no need to touch it. I have several items linked to it and only a couple where I changed the on and off delay times. I believe the headlight and a running light I put on have delay times. Everything else just turns on normal with the key. I think I have 4 but no more than 5 power circuits wired into it. I solder all of the bullet connectors I used, coated them with bulb grease, and they are covered with silicone insulating shield. Since I trust nothing, I made sure I could bypass the amplink circuit (should it fail) for the headlight and running light. Nothing else would be critical mass to have running. Always have a backup plan.

I have no need to touch it. I have several items linked to it and only a couple where I changed the on and off delay times. I believe the headlight and a running light I put on have delay times. Everything else just turns on normal with the key. I think I have 4 but no more than 5 power circuits wired into it. I solder all of the bullet connectors I used, coated them with bulb grease, and they are covered with silicone insulating shield. Since I trust nothing, I made sure I could bypass the amplink circuit (should it fail) for the headlight and running light. Nothing else would be critical mass to have running. Always have a backup plan.
Totally agree, I lost both headlights one dark night on my way home on a narrow twisty road, scary!! On my Bird top dipped headlight through one circuit, bottom dip through another main beam through a totally independent circuit. Could you do me a small favour and pose the question above to Rowe Electronics? It would be extremely interesting to see what they would advise?

My first question is...have you tried the old app? Do you still have the old app on your phone? Apple or Android? I'm an Android guy. I just fired up my bike...sitting on the seat with it running now. I paired my Bluetooth and fired up the old app. All appears to be good with no issues. I will NOT try the new version of the app out of curiosity. Here are some screen shots. Don't know what to tell you.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230223_140105.jpg
    Screenshot_20230223_140105.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20230223_140125.jpg
    Screenshot_20230223_140125.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20230223_140137.jpg
    Screenshot_20230223_140137.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20230223_140219.jpg
    Screenshot_20230223_140219.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20230223_140254.jpg
    Screenshot_20230223_140254.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 2
My first question is...have you tried the old app? Do you still have the old app on your phone? Apple or Android? I'm an Android guy. I just fired up my bike...sitting on the seat with it running now. I paired my Bluetooth and fired up the old app. All appears to be good with no issues. I will NOT try the new version of the app out of curiosity. Here are some screen shots. Don't know what to tell you.
Hi mate yes I have tried the old App, works on one of the Amplinks but won't work on the other two. Would be really helpful to see what the companies reply to your innocent question would be.

Hi mate yes I have tried the old App, works on one of the Amplinks but won't work on the other two. Would be really helpful to see what the companies reply to your innocent question would be.
Where are the two amplinks that don't work now? Are they installed on a bike or just free and easy? If free, power one of them up. With 12 volts. You have 60 seconds to link it to your bluetooth and open the app. Keep in mind you may have different Bluetooth entries for each amplink you own. If you are not on the correct bluetooth link entry it won't work. Make sure you scroll down through the list of bluetooth entries. Not sure if it creates entry's for each amplink.

Where are the two amplinks that don't work now? Are they installed on a bike or just free and easy? If free, power one of them up. With 12 volts. You have 60 seconds to link it to your bluetooth and open the app. Keep in mind you may have different Bluetooth entries for each amplink you own. If you are not on the correct bluetooth link entry it won't work. Make sure you scroll down through the list of bluetooth entries. Not sure if it creates entry's for each amplink.
I bench tested all three a few weeks ago with a variable power supply at work and sent the results to Rowe Electronics ( no reply!!). results were:
Oldest, T1+3 inop. T2 works fully.
Next oldest, T 1+3 inop (T3 activates if voltage is >16volts. T2 works fully.
Newest, T1 lost ground trigger all others working OK.
Even sent the company all the serial numbers of the units, they know there's a problem but are trying to avoid having to deal with it.

This sounds a little like when I was trying to install dual headlights with relays
Totally weird first one would work then the other and if i had the bat charger on it most of the time it would work.
Turns out i had 24 volt relays
So i got 12 volt relays and all was good.

This sounds a little like when I was trying to install dual headlights with relays
Totally weird first one would work then the other and if i had the bat charger on it most of the time it would work.
Turns out i had 24 volt relays
So i got 12 volt relays and all was good.
Hi Turbo200R4, thanks for joining the discussion. Difference is all my systems had been working as expected and in the case of my Blackbird tested fully before connecting the APP. Afterwards things didn't work, afraid the company is hanging me out to dry and doing what big companies do, hiding it as it is a cost to fix. There may be hundreds of other Amplink owners out there around the world who have only one unit and think it has failed, unknown to them it is the APP that has caused the failure. I'm trying to spread the word and warn as many other owners as I can and encourage them to ask the company the question "is the new APP safe to connect to my Amplink", this will hopefully put pressure on the company to do the right thing and fix the problem. Sorry Bedifferent, not trying to put pressure on you but asking the question in your case is totally justified, 2 out of 3 of my Amplinks are pretty much scrap, yours is still working, asking the question is the right thing to do. If the company states the APP is safe I would not advise connecting to the new one but their reply would be very interesting.

Hi Turbo200R4, thanks for joining the discussion. Difference is all my systems had been working as expected and in the case of my Blackbird tested fully before connecting the APP. Afterwards things didn't work, afraid the company is hanging me out to dry and doing what big companies do, hiding it as it is a cost to fix. There may be hundreds of other Amplink owners out there around the world who have only one unit and think it has failed, unknown to them it is the APP that has caused the failure. I'm trying to spread the word and warn as many other owners as I can and encourage them to ask the company the question "is the new APP safe to connect to my Amplink", this will hopefully put pressure on the company to do the right thing and fix the problem. Sorry Bedifferent, not trying to put pressure on you but asking the question in your case is totally justified, 2 out of 3 of my Amplinks are pretty much scrap, yours is still working, asking the question is the right thing to do. If the company states the APP is safe I would not advise connecting to the new one but their reply would be very interesting.

I was just throwing it out there did not expect it to be a cure.
the sucks when you have a componet that quits working.
i do not understand why not try new app if old app not working?

I was just throwing it out there did not expect it to be a cure.
the sucks when you have a componet that quits working.
i do not understand why not try new app if old app not working?
That is the problem I did use the new app which caused the failures, the newest unit (least damaged) still responds to the old app which I have on my android tablet. The other two (badly damaged units) won't respond to it. Need others in the community to question the company and make them realise their reputation is at stake as they won't respond to any of my emails.

Back