Air Suspension for the RIIIT

Sent in for warranty. Got them (Fournales) back after 3 months.
Bolted them on, suck, won't hold pressure, bottoming out.
Probably why I never heard of these shocks before. Because, if they were any good, they'd be SELLING A LOT OF THEM.
What a horrific waste of time/effort/TIME!/money.

if you haven't sworn off anything French by now ;), another high end maker (Nitrogen not air) from France is Matris
These have spherical bearings too and high finish etc that comes AT A COST!

Available in Chrome or Black finish and should fit with Touring panniers and they include 2008-2011 Tourings in fitment list.
Chrome
MPN: M40DCHROME37

Their Chrome Rocket III ABS Roadster version does have a different manufacturers code.
MPN: M40DCHROME38

Matris M40D Shocks
Product Description

Matris M40D shocks are the first step in making your bike handle the way it should, built to the riders weight and riding style these shocks can transform your bikes handling
Full range hydraulic rebound damping control
Millimetric preload adjustment
Internal Nitrogen expansion tank for a smooth compression stroke
Built to suit the riders weight and type of riding
Ride height adjuster built in when possible
Chrome spring with a black cylinder

Key Details:
CNC machined to achieve the lightest weights and lowest friction possible
Fine damping adjustments ensure the rider has the most feeling and confidence possible
Very precise and positive adjustment "clicks"
Each "click" makes a perceptible difference to the damping
Billet aluminium 40mm diameter piston with specially designed flow dynamics to improve damping control
High tensile alloy steel 16mm diameter piston rod, with a hard chrome coating
External Nitrogen expansion tank to prevent internal corrosion and cavitation whilst allowing for a smooth compression stroke
Linear Si-Cr Alloy Steel spring matched to the bike and rider weight
All components made from Aluminium alloy are lapped and oxidised or anodized, to ensure they are lightweight, and long lasting
Orange or Black springs also available

1661993393833-png.119510

"Ride height adjuster built in when possible" - the photos are generic so I am not sure if that height adjustment feature comes with the Rocket III model.
1661993792095.png
convince me.

This liar, Pierre-Olivier Carles, identified himself as the US rep for Fornales. He LIED and said he sent my failed shocks to the factory. Sent them back to me, same failed shocks. Later, the factory said they never had them.

And Pierre, you will not outrun your lies. Ever.

Last edited:
This liar, Pierre-Olivier Carles, identified himself as the US rep for Fornales. He LIED and said he sent my failed shocks to the factory. Sent them back to me, same failed junk. Later, the factory said they never had them.
I am so done, with this garbage quality junk. What a horrid waste of time, patience and $1200.
Fournales shocks are junk.

And Pierre, you will not outrun your lies. Ever.

PIERRE-OLIVIER "PO" CARLES​

CEO NIMBUS SUSPENSIONS​

Ouch, this PO? (choose your epithet), certainly comes across as a con man! Everyone loves eclectic interests - but this guy takes world class engineering suspension, grilled cheese sandwiches and milk fusion to a new level of pertinence! o_O:rolleyes::rolleyes::(🤨

************************************************************************************************
6246218271a62_POAvatarRound2.png

Hi there! I'm Pierre-Olivier Carles.

I've been in love with Business & Marketing Strategy since 1996.
I bring brand relevance and growth to the company I advise - you know their names.
My other scopes of work are suspensions, milk, classic cars, grilled cheese sandwiches, and real estate investment.

I'm usually described as an unshakeable optimist and a forward thinker in business.
How I help businesses

You can learn from what I share, and also work with me

****************************************************************************************************
Linked page.

Join nowSign in

Pierre-Olivier "PO" Carles​

CEO Nimbus Suspensions​

Palm Beach, Florida, United States​

7K followers 500+ connections​

Join to follow
Nimbus SuspensionsNimbus Suspensions

• Contact Pierre-Olivier "PO" for services​

Business Consulting and Marketing Consulting​

About

It is an exhilarating journey to co-found and develop Nimbus Suspensions with my son. Our vision is unambiguous: we strive to establish our company as a globally respected brand in suspension technology, painstakingly crafting each set of oleo-pneumatic shock absorbers with meticulous precision and care.

Moreover, I am fortunate to diversify my involvement across multiple exciting ventures, holding various roles in distinct projects and companies.

Among my eclectic portfolio, I contribute to the distribution of what could very well be the finest milk in the United States, crafting gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches, occasional real estate transactions, and providing business consultancy for organizations seeking strategic direction. I am also involved in businesses spanning into technology, Land Rover Defenders, and several other side-projects, which, though significant, are not particularly pertinent to mention here.

Please note: LinkedIn Messages are not my preferred method of communication.

**************************************************************************************************************************

Back