Air Suspension for the RIIIT

image.jpeg

I remember the S&W air shocks... I bought the S&W Street Stroker shocks with dual rate springs for my XS1100.

So, the 416 Progs.... I saw somewhere in a thread the GoldWing model is the closest fit? The model 416-1633-GLA ?
Has anyone bolted that on a Touring?

Still got a couple of pairs S&W Street Stroker in my 'other' shed. One set is still holding air but needs a new balancing tube they had on them with a single air valve. My mate had them on my old BMW sidecar before I got it from him.
One of the other set is blown and somebody used pvc plumbing fittings to replace the outer cases - it worked.:confused::eek:

I also saw and had saved an Amazon link to a cheap <$100 US made pair of air car shocks that looked like they would fit the Rocket but then I found some used Progressive 444's.

Is anyone in the US running the Fournales?
Not in USA and not selling but I am very lucky to have picked up a couple of set of Fournales from forum members here in Oz. One set had just been factory overhauled.
They are meant to be awesome for sidecars (my intended final use for them) but meanwhile they will fit my solo Rockets.

@barbagris is very well informed on them and has run them for many years on his Rocket.

Not in USA and not selling but I am very lucky to have picked up a couple of set of Fournales from forum members here in Oz. One set had just been factory overhauled.
They are meant to be awesome for sidecars (my intended final use for them) but meanwhile they will fit my solo Rockets.

@barbagris is very well informed on them and has run them for many years on his Rocket.
Thank you.

I got an info sheet from Fournales Australia Pty Ltd. with the factory rebuild.
Part No MA030068
Triumph Rocket
Model: Magnum
Pressure: 17.5bar (258 psi)
Length: 12.5" (320mm)

1000km (600mile) bedding in period before any adjustment advised.
Adjustments MUST be with rear wheel unladen and raised on a center stand.

The shocks are delivered pre-inflated for a normal use (solo/duo). This preset pressure is specific to each model of motorbike. The pressure for each unit is described in the catalog and written on every despatch box with reference details.

It is therefore unnecessary to change the factory setting and only required for an extra heavy load or very light rider.
The empirical rule with adjustment is to measure use of one-third of the whole available travel while stationary engine off with full load.

I got the set up sheet with the handwritten spec. on it. "18 bar" (once I deciphered the handwritten european 1 looks like /I. )I'd travelled to europe a couple times, bought 3 metric tons of bike parts from there over the years, but missed that subtlety somehow.
The hand pump supplied would not pass the test fit, so I set to work relieving the material around the schraeder valve to clear.
D8AE0E12-2687-49B0-92EF-F55ED1DB64C9.jpeg

Last edited:
Back