Air Hawk size ????

The sheep skin didn't do it for me because under it there was still the ultra crappy production Triumph foam. I sold it and now regret it though because I have a Corbin seat. To me the sheepskin is primarily for the prevention of "monkey butt".

The directions for the Airhawk call for it to be partly inflated and then for the rider to sit on it and release air until he can feel the seat. Ditto on what Doc says. I am keeping my Airhawk just in case I go back to the Triumph touring seat. I have just not yet gotten used to my Corbin. Perhaps a sheepskin will help.

Gasket said:
The sheep skin didn't do it for me because under it there was still the ultra crappy production Triumph foam. I sold it and now regret it though because I have a Corbin seat. To me the sheepskin is primarily for the prevention of "monkey butt".

The directions for the Airhawk call for it to be partly inflated and then for the rider to sit on it and release air until he can feel the seat. Ditto on what Doc says. I am keeping my Airhawk just in case I go back to the Triumph touring seat. I have just not yet gotten used to my Corbin. Perhaps a sheepskin will help.

Mike,

You are correct about the sheepskin...it is a cure for the sweaty-ass syndrome, providing almost nothing for the "coushiness". I think the biggest improvement for comfort was going to the Corbin, which , though much firmer than the Triumph dual seat w/backrest, it is a bit wider, and I think that's what makes the Corbin more comfortable. The extra width "spreads the wealth" of my ass over a larger area dissipating the pressure, whereas the Triumph seat, though softer, is a bit narrower causing more pressure in smaller area. Just my $.02 worth.

Jimmy Rocket said:
Gasket said:
The directions for the Airhawk call for it to be partly inflated and then for the rider to sit on it and release air.
You guys are killing me! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, Jimmy, I just realized I was releasing air from the wrong orifice. :oops:

gR3yWolf said:
Gasket said:

Mike,

You are correct about the sheepskin...it is a cure for the sweaty-ass syndrome, providing almost nothing for the "coushiness". I think the biggest improvement for comfort was going to the Corbin, which , though much firmer than the Triumph dual seat w/backrest, it is a bit wider, and I think that's what makes the Corbin more comfortable. The extra width "spreads the wealth" of my ass over a larger area dissipating the pressure, whereas the Triumph seat, though softer, is a bit narrower causing more pressure in smaller area. Just my $.02 worth.

Agree John. I still can't quite get used to the feeling that with the Corbin I am sitting on a nicely shaped sack of wet cement.

So, you gonna' be anywhere nears Mississippi the first week in October? I'll let you touch my sheepskin. And you can sit on my sheepskin, too, if you promise to keep your pants and underwear. :wink:

gR3yWolf said:
So, you gonna' be anywhere nears Mississippi the first week in October? I'll let you touch my sheepskin. And you can sit on my sheepskin, too, if you promise to keep your pants and underwear. :wink:

And not release any gas :wink:

Back