Aftermarket Wheel Options

iwould not mind a good looking spoked wheel myself if it could hold up to the torque and h.p.

Your right strength is the important thing when dealing with excess Horse Power.

My bike eats tires because of the Horse Power I am going to be lucky to get 5000 miles out of the one I have now most likely it will be gone before I hit 4500 miles on it. Hopefully the Bridgestone will hold up longer as that is the next one to be tested. I doubt I will get the same mileage out of one as you stockers but I am hoping for more then 5000. If I could only control my wrist :D

Going to try lower shocks back to stock heigth in the hopes of getting more weight transfer to the rear. Then maybe it will not loose grip as much.

Your right strength is the important thing when dealing with excess Horse Power.

My bike eats tires because of the Horse Power I am going to be lucky to get 5000 miles out of the one I have now most likely it will be gone before I hit 4500 miles on it. Hopefully the Bridgestone will hold up longer as that is the next one to be tested. I doubt I will get the same mileage out of one as you stockers but I am hoping for more then 5000. If I could only control my wrist :D

Going to try lower shocks back to stock heigth in the hopes of getting more weight transfer to the rear. Then maybe it will not loose grip as much.
the only way you are not going to lose grip withe your beast of beasts is as you mentioned the right wrist, LOL :D go and work out the power to weight ratio I'll bet there isn't a sports bike that come near your power to weight... give up you have a tyre eater and we are All Bloody Jealous ya Bugger besides I reckon 5000, mile (8046 km) is pretty good.
Been doing a bit of research and it seams that we here in Auss are blessed with probally the most abrasive roads around cos I'll bet your set up would be battling to get 3,000 miles a standard rocket I kid you not will wear a Metz out while not doing burnouts but the occasional quick take off in 6000 km (3728 miles) to get any more you would have to (and I have seen a couple riden that way) ride like an old granny the tyre people I have spoken to have told me we have exactly the same rubber compond as the States it is our road surface is just so much more abrasive

This might not qualify as an option but maybe an idea...
I made these wheels for my HD back in the early 90' using the following assembly principle:

Left hub->centerdisc->wheel rims from Compomotive L and R side -> Right hub.
This approach of course requires the required machining equipment and skills, but it
gives you the option to make the wheels exactly as you want them.

Another alternative would be to use wheelblanks (see www.allamericanwheels.com)
If i would make another set now this is the way i would go.

Take care...

Yes if you could find a good machine shop anything can be done.

The real problem here is the price of the work. This 18 inch rim was modded for 750.00 plus 200.00 total shipping both ways.
If your out of the country shipping and VAT will be so much you might as well by the CF rims.

What we need is a large special order (group buy) to get the CF rims cheaper. In the beginning I think Best charged 3600.00 USD to your door. If they would do that again I would consider it.
When Warpe was getting his rear wheel modified I thought what a great idea so I started ringing around and guess what the answer was the same everywhere I asked, "Sorry but we will not and are not allowed by Auss Standards Law allowed to modifie Motorcycle wheels or build them up" and this is after I had explained what Warpe was getting done and that he would be pumping more that twice the HP and torque... they would not budge, personally from what I know about Welding a suitablly qualified Tig Welder in cooperation with a Good Machinist would be able to do the job and it should not be any weaker as long as the proper and correct procedure are followed to control distortion and granular structure of the Alloy material (these thing I learnt when I studied Metallurgy while learning One of my trades)

yuck

Personally, i think the CF rims look ugly.They may not be weak, but they look it.I'll have your 18'' rim any time you want sell it Warp......or if you want to 'gift it', EVEN BETTER:D:D:D

Ya know tomcat, you might just be about right there my friend...seems to hard to find an option without spending thousands and thousands...i might get my painted and develop another wheel as an option for us if we can get them made for the right price.

I have a meeting with a fella first week of August to discuss a couple options. will see what the cost is then have to check tyre options.

You'd be surprised how much it changes the look of stock wheels if they are all one colour ... obviously i prefer black wheels. Have seen stock wheels in a few different colours , thought they all looked pretty swish.

Back