Aftermarket Wheel Options

ponters

254 RWHP Lush Racing Engine
Ride
2010 Triumph Rocket Roadster
Howdy ladies and chaps, other than the BST carbon fibre wheels has anyone come across other wheel options for our beasts?

Considering what my options are for some different looking wheels and although I may simply end up painting my stock wheels Id love to know what else i can use.

Any pics, links or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

For the rear tyre. I think your pretty much bent over the table on that. There is a guy in a few towns over from me that builds trikes, and he put a 21" chopper wheel on the front. I will look for a pic of it.

For the rear tyre. I think your pretty much bent over the table on that. There is a guy in a few towns over from me that builds trikes, and he put a 21" chopper wheel on the front. I will look for a pic of it.

that'd be interesting to see.

yeah, was thinking about rear as well.

This might not qualify as an option but maybe an idea...
I made these wheels for my HD back in the early 90' using the following assembly principle:

Left hub->centerdisc->wheel rims from Compomotive L and R side -> Right hub.
This approach of course requires the required machining equipment and skills, but it
gives you the option to make the wheels exactly as you want them.

Antoher alternative would be to use wheelblanks (see www.allamericanwheels.com)
If i would make antother set now this is the way i would go.

Take care...

Attachments

• 10072012187.jpg
    10072012187.jpg
    263.1 KB · Views: 136
  • 10072012188.jpg
    10072012188.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 131
Yes if you could find a good machine shop anything can be done.

The real problem here is the price of the work. This 18 inch rim was modded for 750.00 plus 200.00 total shipping both ways.
If your out of the country shipping and VAT will be so much you might as well by the CF rims.

What we need is a large special order (group buy) to get the CF rims cheaper. In the beginning I think Best charged 3600.00 USD to your door. If they would do that again I would consider it.

wheel options

iwould not mind a good looking spoked wheel myself if it could hold up to the torque and h.p.

Ponters ... maybe have your wheels powdercoated whatever colour catches your eye and then .... just R I D E the poor thing , it want's to be ridden :cool:

Back